Duff

BST cable help

Hey,

Got the notorious BST errors on the dash. (93A9, 93AA and 93B2). Am I correct in thinking I need to replace a cable? Can anyone tell me from this picture which cable I need to replace?

Cheers.

20180405_203115.jpg

I'm not sure to be honest, just got the warning on the screen and a scan gave those codes. I'm not sure I bought the car 9 months ago and this is the first time I've had to remove the battery cover so they've been there from the previous owner!

Edited by Duff

I'm going to fit the resistor bypass in mine shortly (!) to resolve the error, but out of interest is there any major differences between the pre-lci part (61126944536) and lci (61126989782) and could you replace one with the other?

17 hours ago, Duff said:

Is that the black plug in my picture? 

That's the sensor cable yes, and that's where you would place the resistor in parallel.

1 hour ago, Dotcom1970 said:

I'm going to fit the resistor bypass in mine shortly (!) to resolve the error, but out of interest is there any major differences between the pre-lci part (61126944536) and lci (61126989782) and could you replace one with the other?

Would also like to know this.

5 hours ago, Dotcom1970 said:

On older version the cable leaves to side and on the newer it goes up. The connector for BST is different. The older version is the problematic flimsy one as on the newer it's the same kind as on many other airbag system components. I guess you could replace the older with the newer version if you also change the connector for BST wire.

Just doing some more research this morning and it seems my fault codes 93a9 and 93aa aren't related to the BST issue like I had originally thought  (just the 93b2 code). When I got the car scanned the 93a9 93aa codes said "squib circuit, belt tensioner driver side and passanger side". Has anyone any idea where I go from here? Is it a case of replacing the belt tensioner in the seats or? 

Cheers. 

Edited by Duff

7 hours ago, Duff said:

Just doing some more research this morning and it seems my fault codes 93a9 and 93aa aren't related to the BST issue like I had originally thought  (just the 93b2 code). When I got the car scanned the 93a9 93aa codes said "squib circuit, belt tensioner driver side and passanger side". Has anyone any idea where I go from here? Is it a case of replacing the belt tensioner in the seats or? 

Cheers. 

Clear the codes first - I had some implausible errors and also a bus line error causing the airbag light one time.  Cleared them and they never came back.

1 hour ago, Dotcom1970 said:

Clear the codes first - I had some implausible errors and also a bus line error causing the airbag light one time.  Cleared them and they never came back.

We tried to clear them after they were scanned and it wouldn't let them be cleared!

I'm half thinking of buying Bimmergeeks ProTool and seeing is it possible to code the checks out.

Edited by Duff