Steve van hool

Question Time £5.19 for a pint

On the scouse riviera where I currently reside :) it’s anywhere from £3 to £5 and that’s a range of beers as well! I can buy a pint of Heineken for £3 in an independent pub or I can pay £4.05 for one in a brewery owned boozer or somewhere in the middle at Mr wetherspoons! 

At the pub around the corner from my house it’s £3.65 for carling :( then at the other pub around the other corner from my house it’s £3.89 for San Miguel. 

Then it’s £5 for a pint of Moretti at a few places along Lord street! 

After going Amsterdam last year I now don’t complain about the price of a pint over here! ;) 

Yeah, I stopped in a small village on my way back from Paris in 2017 and found the only pub called “la bar”! I shit you not :lol: and it was 2.50€ for a 25cl bottle of Heineken! Which I drank them out of BTW! ;) 

A 25cl glass of Alfrigem was 4.30€ yes that’s almost £9 a pint! :shock: 

Im yet to go to Dubai or the Middle East and don’t really want to if I’m honest....

You lucky, lucky, bar stewards!  

Here in Belfast a pint of the black stuff and most beers in the suburbs of Belfast is always north of £4.00.   Dare to venture into the city centre then see your bank manager first for an agreed overdraft.  It's like a cartel with little variation no matter where you go.  A glass of wine for a £5.00?  The bottle is about that price in an off licence.  There are a few pockets of sense here and there but they tend to be in areas which are a tad iffy.

The most blatant is a bottle of Corona at £4.20.  All of 80p in the supermarket.  Thank God for Lidl.  Due to their food prices I was able to cut her 'wages' in half and continue my studies into the effects of Guinness on the over 70s.:P

26 minutes ago, oldjohnny said:

You lucky, lucky, bar stewards!  

Yes I know! ;) 

like I say, I no longer complain about the price of a pint in this country! 

I was in the lakes a few weeks ago and it’s £5 a pint no matter where you went! 

Obviously there’s places that just rip people off but you steer clear of them :) 

11 hours ago, Steve van hool said:

According to  Fiona on Question Time tonight £5.19 is the average price for a pint in London, kinell, only £3.00 at my local watering hole in the North West.

We were at Plau in Friargate, Preston the other day pal... Craft ale... £5.40 a pint! I had one, laughed at them as it was fecking awful and left it at that

Stupid price for a pint; went back to our usual watering hole and it was back to c£3.00 for decent ale!

12 hours ago, Steve van hool said:

According to  Fiona on Question Time tonight £5.19 is the average price for a pint in London, kinell, only £3.00 at my local watering hole in the North West.

Which is ironic as it was from Motherwell last night where they don't drink pints, they only drink Buckie in M'well.

image.jpeg.611dc99b61b34d1e9b7dd2c88a99a63a.jpeg

It's better watching the propaganda box in the corner of the living room with a £1.10 pint can of Carlsberg ... Claim our masters :lol: 

I feel like the old guy in my old local years ago moaning about the Government killing community spirit by destroying the working class  Clubs and Pubs.

That Pub is long gone  ... They dow like working class talking/moaning in pubs  He claimed They know where that leads  :D

1 hour ago, 535i Andrew said:

Which is ironic as it was from Motherwell last night where they don't drink pints, they only drink Buckie in M'well.

image.jpeg.611dc99b61b34d1e9b7dd2c88a99a63a.jpeg

Doubley ironic, given the Scots are generally very restrained in their drinking Andrew. lol

Hate to point this out to you Andrew but it has affected your time clock badly as this is the 8th of February.:huh:

I was off it myself for a while.  It was the longest nine hours I have ever put in!

Went out with G friend to Mansfield in Notts and in one pub they did a few lagers within a happy hours or so for 2 for £4.

Needless to say we were both wasted that night.

Most pubs where I live are village pubs and £4-5 a pint isn't unusual. Not really seen many below £4. When in London (quite often), don't think I've seen many below £5!!

When in Bham, do often see pries starting with a £3 but becoming a rarity. 

I know a place in Worcester doing £2/pint of real ale tomorrow so I know where I'll be watching the Six Nations!

1 hour ago, pidgeonpost said:

We were down in one of the towns in South Wales a couple of years ago and Wetherspoons were charging £1.98. Most of the customers were wasted - and this was well before lunchtime! 

Have seen folk having a pint with their breakfast in Wetherspoons.

To be fair they often have good guest beers on draught. 

Beer was on offer with a fry up in the pub before boarding the bus for a day at the cricket.

Having been up since 530 I opted for a mug of tea on the basis I would drink enough later!

I did take beer at 7am in Dubai airport after a flight from Heathrow but as I'd not been to sleep I consider that still the night before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many years ago on our first visit to Turkey (Bodrum) we were having breakfast at a huge seafront restaurant. It was before 10am and I said to the wife that I could murder a pint.  Go ahead, she said as you are on your holidays.  I replied that I didn't want everyone talking about me.  She looked at me quizzically and told me to take a look around.  A quick scan through bloodshot eyes revealed that I was the only one without a pint!  About 80p soon rectified that.

1 hour ago, duncan-uk said:

I did take beer at 7am in Dubai airport after a flight from Heathrow but as I'd not been to sleep I consider that still the night beforeemoji106.png

See everyone has a hidden alcoholic in them somewhere....

;) 

48 minutes ago, oldjohnny said:

Many years ago on our first visit to Turkey (Bodrum) we were having breakfast at a huge seafront restaurant. It was before 10am and I said to the wife that I could murder a pint.  Go ahead, she said as you are on your holidays.  I replied that I didn't want everyone talking about me.  She looked at me quizzically and told me to take a look around.  A quick scan through bloodshot eyes revealed that I was the only one without a pint!  About 80p soon rectified that.

Yeah yeah, more like you asked for a beer and the wife said something along the lines of everyone will be looking at us and judging me (why they always think it’s about them I’ll never know... ;) ) 

and your reply was but every other bloke has a beer, we’ll be spoke about if I DONT have one! :lol:;) 

Remember on a boys weekend to Dublin getting back to the B&B at about 04.00 after drinking all day, getting up 4 hrs later to have the full Irish breakfast, then back to bed again till around 13.00.

The things we did back then lol.

Next day I mentioned how about hold off the drinking till later on in the day, so mates said and do what, so I suggested the hop on hop off city bus tour,  which we did  trouble was the first stop after leaving O Connell St was the Guinness brewery where we all piled off.

20 hours ago, oldjohnny said:

Hate to point this out to you Andrew but it has affected your time clock badly as this is the 8th of February.:huh:

I was off it myself for a while.  It was the longest nine hours I have ever put in!

Still doing the dry January and the weight is falling off me. Lost 4kg in January so keeping it up.

But yes I'm dying for a pint.

16 hours ago, Steve van hool said:

Have seen folk having a pint with their breakfast in Wetherspoons.

To be fair they often have good guest beers on draught. 

Thats the law before going on to a whisky festival. A fry up and several pints for breakfast in a Wetherspoons followed by 18 different whiskys, a couple of pints to wash it all down and then a big glass of red with your dinner. Great day out with some pals.