Steve van hool

Question Time £5.19 for a pint

Couldn't do a dry January as it's my Wedding Anniversary and I NEED a drink to get through that, but I was doing a dry February until today but after running into the wall during a game of squash with a friend 10 years younger than me I fear I have cracked a rib so I'm into my 3rd JD and coke with a Codiene chaser and moving is now fairly tolerable.

laughing and coughing are still agony and hiccups fill me with dread....

Yes! Like your style! Crushed codeine mixed in a whiskey, you don’t need many of them to feel great again! :lol:

many moons ago I was on some form of blood thinning tablet as I had a super ropy back and boy oh boy if you drank a few beers when you had had one of them I’d used to just fall over! I’d have zero memory of anything for about 10 min then I’d come round, still be pissed but could actually function(ish) then the memories would come flooding back! :lol: 

Thought it was a form of rohypnol! :lol: 

forgot to mention about another pub that’s very close to my house (is there any wonder why I drink a few to many all the time? :shock: there’s 3 pubs and 3 off license’s all within a 10 min walk from my house....) but this pub has just re-opened and I’m not a fan of the lagers on tap but they do 3 bottles of Heineken for £5! That’s almost as cheap as asda! :D 

£4.90 a pint here in Oxford

Trip to Twickers for rugby and it’s £6 for the black stuff

8 Euro’s for a cold lager at Le Mans 24hr

Go back to Lincolnshire to see the parents once a year and the village is boycotting a pub as it’s gone above £2.70 a pint 

On 08/02/2019 at 18:38, pidgeonpost said:

We were down in one of the towns in South Wales a couple of years ago and Wetherspoons were charging £1.98. Most of the customers were wasted - and this was well before lunchtime! 

South Wales you say? Pissed in 'Spoons before dinner you say? I can't remember wouldn't know anything about that... 

Incidentally, I've got a gig next weekend in a local workingmens club where it's £2 a pint, I may have a few.... :-)

Edited by NWJW

20 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

As a student in Manchester our local was 89p a pint. Cheaper than £1/pint student night!

That was a while back mind emoji53.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70p when I was a whippersnapper back in the late 1980's.

Union bar used to have this concoction called purple nasty, lager, cider, and blackcurrant juice. 30 odd years later and you can now get it ready mixed on draught or in a can.

Personally I like a real ale bitter,Tim Taylor Landlord, or an ice cold lager 1664 or such like. Not that bothered about the hard stuff, whiskey, spirits etc.

^ agree a nice ale or red wine. Though I've just cracked my new year fast with a cold moretti

If a spirit it's G&T or a rum cocktail. Have a stash of whiskey I never touch. It seems to multiply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk