d_a_n1979

M57 3.0D remap

I’ll ask this in here seeing as my 730D has the same engine as the E60s etc...

Has anyone used the plug n play remap modules that are out there and if so, which one, how did you find it and what overall increase do you think you’ve got from it?

Ive seen the likes of Racechip tuning etc. This is what my questions are aimed at..

I know that overall a professionally installed tuning remap would be best to go for, but struggling to get hold of Mark (mashedpotatoes) and there’s no one local to me that I know/trust etc

48 minutes ago, RightHandGoose said:

http://harperautos.co.uk/  This is where you get Mark....  

Thanks, I know... He isn’t replying to texts etc, that’s what I mean re him being hard to get hold of... 

Back on topic.. 

I know I know, I’ve not got a 3.0d but I have got a 2.0d ;) and I’m currently using one of them tuning boxes and it does make a difference, the car isn’t sluggish any more and the range is up at around 60-100 miles more than standard. 

I bought it if a member on here and I can’t remember what make it is now? 

Some people swear by them and others will not touch them at all! People have reported issues when using them, but I’ve not had any issues that I would say the tune box has caused. 

I’ll find out which one it is tomorrow when I’m topping up the oil :) 

17 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Thanks, I know... He isn’t replying to texts etc, that’s what I mean re him being hard to get hold of... 

Back on topic.. 

Have you phoned the shop. I've actually been to the business but aye he's crap at answering txts

Just now, RightHandGoose said:

Have you phoned the shop. I've actually been to the business but aye he's crap at answering txts

Haha not just me then ;)

Yeah, visited Mark when I first got the barge and he did all the necessary engine work etc

Will see what I can do when I’m back from lifting silly stones in Scotland