Y15HAL

Advice on selling a car....

7 minutes ago, pauliexjr said:

I sold my last E61 to Evans Halshaw, they offered me £1100 more than WBAC and the transaction was very straightforward.

Having said that higher value cars tend not to attract the "I'll give you £2000 cash money now" type phone calls I seem to get plagued with when selling low-value cars and I would agree that selling private doesn't automatically result in your home being ransacked whilst you're away on a test drive!

Evans have quoted £12,127.

Updated above post to include :) 

Just to keep everyone informed....

WBAC - £12,405
Arnold Clark - £12,139
Evans Halshaw - £12,127

Do they tend to barter you down when they come round to take a look at the car?
This makes me feel far better about the 535d..... I think you should take £9k for it..

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Y15HAL said:

its a 530d 2011.  Exterior in excellent condition, wheels need a refurb (which i was going to do this year, but have decided to sell instead)....

Was hoping to get £14k for it.

I think you may struggle with 14 grand - you haven't given a mileage....SE or an M Sport? Manual or auto?

To give you an idea, you can buy a 12 plate 530d SE from a main dealer now for under 15 grand and 11 plate ones for around 13k.

14 grand private sale? Very little chance. I'd take the 12 grand WBAC but stand firm on price. 

41 minutes ago, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

I think you may struggle with 14 grand - you haven't given a mileage....SE or an M Sport? Manual or auto?

To give you an idea, you can buy a 12 plate 530d SE from a main dealer now for under 15 grand and 11 plate ones for around 13k.

14 grand private sale? Very little chance. I'd take the 12 grand WBAC but stand firm on price. 

only has 40k mileage, full BMWSH, M Sport with pro nav and 19" wheels.

2 hours ago, Y15HAL said:

Stick with what price you feel is right (check eBay classifieds for previous sales to see what similar spec cars have gone for and check current cars for sale too). That’ll give a ballpark figure... 

Go from there :) 

18 hours ago, Y15HAL said:

Okay then. Have you rung around local BMW dealers? That's a very, very saleable bit of kit. If you could get £13'000 then you're not doing badly.

I used to buy in cars like this from private punters when I worked at BMW because really nice stuff just flies away. Having said that, its retail is around £15'500 from a main dealer with warranty etc. £14'000 private is a tad rich tbh.

It's an automatic I take it............?

1 minute ago, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

Okay then. Have you rung around local BMW dealers? That's a very, very saleable bit of kit. If you could get £13'000 then you're not doing badly.

I used to buy in cars like this from private punters when I worked at BMW because really nice stuff just flies away. Having said that, its retail is around £15'500 from a main dealer with warranty etc. £14'000 private is a tad rich tbh.

It's an automatic I take it............?

I've spoken to a couple, and am going to see one this morning.  One offered me around 11, and another told me to go to WBAC, as a rough guide (without going to speak with them) - these are not so local......But they have a nice ActiveHybrid which i've seen, so may go and pay them a visit......Not soo sure about the AH's, theres not much info about them, and it's just another thing to go wrong :(

It really is a nice car, and is in mint condition, and would only need a refurb on the wheels, which dealers would do anyway......

Here's a pic of her when i bought her.....

20160714_151236.thumb.jpg.6ff7d4a29046775cf1a6884252b4df32.jpg

Going to give her good once over and take some proper pics soon :) 

That's a lovely looking motor! 8) 

Sat in a new white 530i today at Bowkers BMW, Preston; lovely car but bloody hell it felt small inside! They've got smaller inside since the E39s :roll: 

That looks gorgeous in white.

Lots of people slag off white but it's probably my favourite colour, I actually paid extra for white with my previous car but luckily it was a no cost option on my current car.  

On 20/02/2019 at 21:10, d_a_n1979 said:

That's a lovely looking motor! 8) 

Sat in a new white 530i today at Bowkers BMW, Preston; lovely car but bloody hell it felt small inside! They've got smaller inside since the E39s :roll: 

New one does look beautiful :D 

On 20/02/2019 at 22:05, Paddy O'Furniture said:

That looks gorgeous in white.

Lots of people slag off white but it's probably my favourite colour, I actually paid extra for white with my previous car but luckily it was a no cost option on my current car.  

Yep, love this colour too! 

I like the F10's in Alpine White or that Dolphin Grey colour (not sure of actual name) :)