Jony35

535d mpg problem

It is very cold at the moment, which really doesn't help.

Can you give more information, such as what distance you are travelling, types of road (motorway/sweeping B roads), driving style etc.

My old 535d used to return 19mpg daily to and from work, but it was a 3 mile each way town journey. Out on the motorway at 75/80 it would return 38/40 and I could get just over 40 if I dropped to about 70.

Show it a country lane and it would be low teens (if dry and warm).

I’ve had my e60 535d around 2 weeks.. 1000 miles driven so far, 250 around town and 750 motorway. I drive quite sensibly with only the odd boot!!
I zero’d the computer and it’s reading average of 40.3mpg.
I expect this to increase in the warmer weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Spencer J said:

I’ve had my e60 535d around 2 weeks.. 1000 miles driven so far, 250 around town and 750 motorway. I drive quite sensibly with only the odd boot!!
I zero’d the computer and it’s reading average of 40.3mpg.
I expect this to increase in the warmer weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the calcs yourself aswell. Most/all trips lie. Some alot. 

Have you spent too much time on the Facebook groups where everyone reckons they average 50mpg around town? The reality is in cold weather these big, heavy cars will need a good 10 minutes driving to warm up properly and give you over 20. You need to consider terrain too, I live in Brighton which means to get to the nearest motorway I have to drive 3 miles up steep hills, it kills my average MPG.

I find the computers MPG to be pretty accurate. After the last 3000 miles mine is sitting at 34.4 in iDrive, I have calculated my last few tanks based on miles covered and fuel used and they have been 33-35, so bang on.

That wasn't the question m8, if you had lights on you would have already said, these cars hide a hell of a lot of fault codes that you have to pull via diagnostics.

Edited by GoNz0

Yes Gonzo is right, you can't rely solely on the OBC, you need to hook it up to INPA or Carly etc to see if there are any codes in your error memory.

Edited by edd_jedi