billythefish76

Bass Vibration Issue

Evening All.  I've noticed over the last few weeks that my passengers side front door really vibrates under heavier bass, is this a common issue and can anyone suggest what it might be or how to fix it please?

I've got a 2014 (64 plate) F10 530d.

Thanks in advance.

Is the bass setting turned upto max by any chance? I'd take the door apart and install some sound deadening mats. 

I have done this with previous cars and it does make a difference, i've used brands like Dodo, Silent coat and Dynamat

10 minutes ago, roundy said:

Is the bass setting turned upto max by any chance? I'd take the door apart and install some sound deadening mats. 

I have done this with previous cars and it does make a difference, i've used brands like Dodo, Silent coat and Dynamat

Not quite but up relatively high TBF. Is it easy to remove the door panel on these cars?

I'm sure the are few guides on the site, i know other members have removed the door cards to remedy the vibrating door lock pin.

I haven't done it myself as i haven't experienced the issue. 

3 minutes ago, roundy said:

I'm sure the are few guides on the site, i know other members have removed the door cards to remedy the vibrating door lock pin.

I haven't done it myself as i haven't experienced the issue. 

Cheers. What is the vibrating lock pin issue?

1 hour ago, billythefish76 said:

Is it easy to remove the door panel on these cars?

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f10-535i-lim_201301/repair-manuals/51-body-equipment/51-21-door-locks-handles-fittings-front/ByI8NWYT

Some special tools are indicated but a decent set of trim tools you'll be o.k.