duncan-uk

One of my bulbs has gone pink!

2003 with angle eyes xenon? One bulb on main beam is very poor and shining pink. 

Assume me this is the bulb going?

where best to get an oe replacement?

should I do both?

cheers

Just bought replacements for mine from Powerbulbs: https://www.powerbulbs.com/product/philips-xenon-x-treme-vision-gen2-d2s-single

I know plenty of people on here say buy from ebay but wanted to be sure I had genuine Phiilips, cost was £105.97 so not cheap.

Haven't fitted them yet as one of my adjusters broke as I was checking my old ones so need to replace them first.....

2 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

Cheers. Been looking on eBay. Hadn't realised the cost!

fingers x'd my adjusters are ok!

£105 was for 2 so not too bad given how long they last, Philips have a verification checker on their website as well.

Tbh if your adjusters snap as you try and twist the cap off the bulb they probably should be replaced now anyway. As many have said, going in through the back instead of removing the lenses (which you can't do of course) is a challenge but quite doable with some patience. I've done one headlight and planning to do the other one night this week.  

Save your £££ and get the Lunex D2S bulbs via Amazon, c£25 and very good indeed. A solid white light, not blue/purple and at their price, get another set for spares.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lunex-Headlight-Xenon-Replacement-6000K/dp/B06XKVZ7C9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1548505509&sr=8-1&keywords=lunex+d2s

Having spend £hundreds on Osram D2S bulbs etc, the Lunex ones are just as good, if not better due to their price!

Edited by d_a_n1979

13 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Save your £££ and get the Lunex D2S bulbs via Amazon, c£25 and very good indeed. A solid white light, not blue/purple and at their price, get another set for spares.

Are you on commission :)

Just now, BarryM said:

Are you on commission :)

Haha :P No; just found that they've been a great bulb in all the cars I've had that have had xenon headlights

The Osram Nightbreaker bulbs are great; but at c£90, bloody expensive

The Lunex ones are very well made for their cost and quartz glass too, so they're not like the cheap shitty eBay specials people use and wonder why they blow after a weeks use!

So i've picked up some genuine Lucas bulbs for £20 via ebay as a stop gap as other priorities ATM.

Is changing the bulb as simple as unplugging and taking off the covers, twist out and replace? taking care not to touch the glass i assume?

41 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

So i've picked up some genuine Lucas bulbs for £20 via ebay as a stop gap as other priorities ATM.

Is changing the bulb as simple as unplugging and taking off the covers, twist out and replace? taking care not to touch the glass i assume?

Yup; if in doubt, use some nitrile gloves etc

27 minutes ago, BarryM said:

Be cautious as you twist the red connector as that action was enough to break one of my adjusters

Same goes to removing/installing the large dust seal.

Morimoto if you can.

*Are the adjusters really that sensitive?  The pair of headlights I got were already broken and trying to get the last of the bits out just broke up so I assume I'm answering my own question - but taking a bulb out breaks them?! Christ.

17 hours ago, adam- said:

*Are the adjusters really that sensitive? 

I think they get that way over the years, no idea if mine had ever been replaced before so possibly original. I think it was only the second time in my 6 year ownership I'd tried to remove the bulbs and it happened as soon as I tried to twist the red connector. At least it's another job off the list :)