Y15HAL

Swap out the F10....?

49 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

That's the exact same car you posted earlier isn't it!? :lol:

Don't think so.....

I've looked at so many recently, it's driving me crazy!! :( 

27 minutes ago, Lennox said:

Get a 535d and map it. Seriously toy will thank me whdn you do. They are awesome.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

The amount of 535's without the pro nav is madness!! :shock:

The amount of 535's without the pro nav is madness!! default_icon_eek.gif

Loads of cheap leases. Just keep looking. They are big step up in normal guise. In full blown mode they are something else.

Hence depending on where I am later this summer a 740Ld Msport xDrive may need to be purchased. (ignore the pic spec it's the colour and wheels I like)

189f87fbe67839aad9f8ece5100733c6.jpg&key=a536bfc4c589d68d15ecf79aa60389326ca32e62c3ffccfaf455607b67004b51

21 minutes ago, Lennox said:

Loads of cheap leases. Just keep looking. They are big step up in normal guise. In full blown mode they are something else.

Hence depending on where I am later this summer a 740Ld Msport xDrive may need to be purchased. (ignore the pic spec it's the colour and wheels I like)

Not really looking for a lease.....

I'll keep the hunt on.....But will need to make a purchase as soon as mine gets sold :| 

That looks like a beauty! :wub:

Not really looking for a lease.....

I'll keep the hunt on.....But will need to make a purchase as soon as mine gets sold  

That looks like a beauty! :wub:
Not what I meant. The crap spec 535ds were cheap leases..... I know you don't want to lease. And anyway you cannot, the 535d hasn't been re-released.

1 minute ago, Lennox said:

Not what I meant. The crap spec 535ds were cheap leases..... I know you don't want to lease. And anyway you cannot, the 535d hasn't been re-released.

ah OK, get ya! :) 

1 hour ago, Y15HAL said:

The amount of 535's without the pro nav is madness!! :shock:

The early cars didn't have nav as standard.  I don't have pro nav....  I've used nav in my car max 4 times in 3 years.  I do use all the other toys regularly though.

1 hour ago, Lennox said:

Get a 535d and map it. Seriously toy will thank me whdn you do. They are awesome.

Why don't you still have yours then? :P

Why do you still have the Merc and not a newer 535d then? :P:P

I do nod my head in respect to the bigger brother though when I see one.

5 minutes ago, Lennox said:

In fact what about a 7 series..... Got kids???

Don't think the Mrs would agree to a larger car than the 5......

Came from the 3 to the 5, which she finds difficult enough.....Especially with short trips/local driving....

I'd love one though! :D

Why don't you still have yours then? 

Why do you still have the Merc and not a newer 535d then? 

I do nod my head in respect to the bigger brother though when I see one.
Trying to be a good husband!!!! Ah fcuk it.

M6GC hopefully next.

3 hours ago, Y15HAL said:

Came from the 3 to the 5, which she finds difficult enough.....Especially with short trips/local driving...

After driving mine the last couple of days my better half thinks the G is far easier/pleasing to drive than the F.

"Doesn't feel like a lump of concrete" were her exact words! 

Edited by SuperDave

18 hours ago, SuperDave said:

After driving mine the last couple of days my better half thinks the G is far easier/pleasing to drive than the F.

"Doesn't feel like a lump of concrete" were her exact words! 

It's more the size than anything else.....

Apparently the G is bigger than the F :( 

On 11/02/2019 at 19:14, Lennox said:

Mate, talk me through the difference before and post remap..... outright acceleration, in gear acceleration and fuel consumption please! I’m outa BMW warranty later this month and tempted on the £400 outlay my local indie charges!

Mate, talk me through the difference before and post remap..... outright acceleration, in gear acceleration and fuel consumption please! I’m outa BMW warranty later this month and tempted on the £400 outlay my local indie charges!
It simply runs as if someone swapped out your 3.0 fir a 4.0. More power, more torque... And here's the key part, across a wider and earlier rev band. It picks up better and you seem to spend less time at full throttle.

Mapped my dad had to try very hard to pull away in his XFr (Spires 600+) from the F11.

MPG IMHO was significantly better. E61 gave us 40mpg over 2000miles round France and we were not holding back (Averaged circa 100mph Paris to Brive).

I used Ecotune-scotland.co.uk with power fir the F11 at 390bhp and 770nm. DMS did the E61 and X5, both were circa 365bhp and 700nm. Personally I preferred the E61 due to neater handling, especially at speed. E61 I got 166mph on a private road tracked via GPS.

9 hours ago, Lennox said:

It simply runs as if someone swapped out your 3.0 fir a 4.0. More power, more torque... And here's the key part, across a wider and earlier rev band. It picks up better and you seem to spend less time at full throttle.

Mapped my dad had to try very hard to pull away in his XFr (Spires 600+) from the F11.

MPG IMHO was significantly better. E61 gave us 40mpg over 2000miles round France and we were not holding back (Averaged circa 100mph Paris to Brive).

I used Ecotune-scotland.co.uk with power fir the F11 at 390bhp and 770nm. DMS did the E61 and X5, both were circa 365bhp and 700nm. Personally I preferred the E61 due to neater handling, especially at speed. E61 I got 166mph on a private road emoji57.png tracked via GPS.

Perfect review, just what I was looking for!

9 hours ago, Lennox said:

I used Ecotune-scotland.co.uk with power fir the F11 at 390bhp and 770nm. DMS did the E61 and X5, both were circa 365bhp and 700nm

With those torque figures + ZF autobox = 

Image result for explosion

especially the flaky 6HP26 in your E61!

With those torque figures + ZF autobox = 

Triiifecto_13_NuclearExplosion_350_grande.png?v=1511115964&key=cee403770275ae2e7ad3d3d09fb57f4f6009bc2129391e7e4b4e2e70425b1e31

especially the flaky 6HP26 in your E61!

And do you know the E61 had circa £11k of warranty work done, none of it drive train!! The mapping helped the poo poo box in the E61. It was returned to standard at one point when BMW updated the whole I drive system (ERG was actually the issue) and the car felt awful. Retuned fast!!

I guess if you use all of it often yes the box is at risk but thats common sense. Ecotune staff run a number of BMW 35ds, and they are tuned to the max, mainly 3 series with zero box issue. In fact an example of Ecotune being professional was when they mapped the Merc. They did get around 265bhp but pulled it back as exhaust gasses were getting hot. 250bhp was a safer level.

On 09/02/2019 at 13:53, bmwmike said:

So I drove the 535i.  

Condition wise the front tyres looked odd to me, sort of strenched look. Tiny dent and chip on rear passenger door. Corrosion on door edges of driver and rear driver side doors. Otherwise very good condition in and out but clearly been sat a while as the brakes were very rusty.

Interior I'm not taken on, not keen on beige against silver alu trim but each to their own, was light and airy. Sunroof was nice, would love one. No HUD but does have HK.

N55 is a nice engine for sure is quicker than the n53 but there wasn't as much in it as I was expecting, not all that much at all really just lazier and less revs. Sport Gearbox was nice and seemed more responsive.  I think the lci car and especially box drive much better overall than my pre lci (my rear tyres are past their best, in fairness). Steering seemed heavier and the suspension more planted somehow, tighter perhaps as lower miles.

So not enough in it for me to change (m5 is better value at 5-6k more) but the LCI is much nicer than pre LCI.

Hope this helps.

I drove this car as well and I noticed that most if not all the tyres are out of balance as I detected noticeable vibration at speed, even my wife noticed it.

In addition to what Mike mentioned the back of the drivers seat had some colour staining which I'm guessing from some of or crayon
The gloss black trim on the doors looked really faded too.

I doubt the car had moved since I drove it until you drove it to be honest :D

I prefer the oyster leather but the standard Alu trim does not work with it, 

I agree with you as I've driven two 530i's (yours included) and to be honest I actually felt the N53 had more excitement and noise, unless they worked on sound insulation for the facelift?

I agree the LCI steering feel is better and you feel the road more.

On 09/02/2019 at 15:34, Y15HAL said:

Thanks for doing that!! :)

Just spoke to someone at the dealership, and they’re only willing to knock off £250!! Making the car £21,750 :|

the dealer with the 530 not willing to knock anything off at all on £17.5k!!! 

Some times I wonder if we are better off waiting for a very low rate APR again on the G30 and buying one new that way haha

10 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

G31 = 36mm longer, 8mm wider and 10mm taller than the F11

Haha! Minimal then!!

Dealer was making out like it was alot bigger!!! :|