Just a quick thanks/review.

Had my 258bhp F11 530d remapped the other day at Harper Autos. As shown in the Mashed Potatoes threads. 

Wasn't exactly local to me,  but they were friendly, professional, knowledgable and kept me updated at every stage. The prices on the forum were honoured too.

The car drives just as smoothly as it did pre remap. This was very important to me. The remap itself takes the power and torque figures up to 540d territory and is quite brutal when you floor it! The extra torque really shows itself on the motorway. I shall continue to enjoy this new lease of life for my car for a little while. Don't think the rear tyres will last too long if I keep using it though :shock:.

I'd considered spending this money on bigger wheels as I've just fitted new tyres but I'm pleased I've stuck with my boring 17's and got the remap.

Overall having had a few cars mapped over the years I can thoroughly recommend this garage.

IMG_0770.jpeg

Great to hear you’ve got what you wanted :)

I’ll be be speaking to Mark @Mashed Potatoes sometime later this month (when I’ve time) to get my 730D booked in for a remap ;) Need to do a few suspension bits and the main stat first and then get it mapped by someone who knows what they’re doing, rather than a over-hyped plug in device! 

Had my X5 40d done at the same place last year, great service from Mark and the team. I’m in Derby so certainly not local, spent the time over at the Cheshire Oaks shopping outlet. 

I’ve had several cars remapped and I’d say for me at least probably not or at least not noticeably. Engine wear (and failure) really depends on how it’s driven and I don’t generally drive very hard, I just like a bit of acceleration to be there for occasionally overtaking, nipping out of junctions etc. But in the normal run of things I pooter  along with the traffic. On the other hand if you’re the sort who floors the loud pedal at every opportunity then certainly it’ll stress the engine more. But then you were going to do that anyway with that sort of driving style.

Agree with Boba on that one. 

Yes more power does create more stress on an engine but how often you use that power matters more. 

A 200bhp engine that is thrashed every day won’t last as long as a 300bhp engine that is treated with mechanical sympathy. 

Too early for me to say yet with this one but initial signs look good. Will try to update this thread when I’ve done some miles with the remap.