Dakota

Farewell and thanks

2 hours ago, Dakota said:

Petrol Andy, I'm done with diesel!  As smooth as a 6 cylinder BMW, though without the creamy noise.

Petrol, well done my man. The 4 pot petrol engines these days are quite nice and smooth whizzy things.

40 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

Umm not to be a shit stirrer but isn’t the 0-60 time of the 1.4 Superb and the 518d like almost identical? Surely given that the diesel has more torque it was also more confident at accelerating at speed?

Yeah but it won't sound like a cement mixer full of spanners.;)

Congratulations on a new car! Enjoy!

Friend of mine has a Superb SE, diesel, manual and it is a fantastic car, I found it being quite, very torque and actually very economical. I was too at some point looking at these but at that moment the money they were worse (4x4, DSG, 190bhp and very well speeced) it would be a BMW territory.

22 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Very nice, but I'm going to say I prefer your wife's colour choice.

So do I!  But two silver Superbs would have just made us those 'weird neighbours'. 

Not sure if I'm still welcome here, but just got new front pads and disks fitted on the Skoda, total cost €180.  Some things I miss about the BMW, others not so much!

2 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Of course you are still welcome.

Have you tried out the shake test on your Skoda yet?

Ha ha!  I must try that, video to follow over the weekend.

On 24/01/2019 at 14:30, Dakota said:

Not sure if I'm still welcome here, but just got new front pads and disks fitted on the Skoda, total cost €180.  Some things I miss about the BMW, others not so much!

Course you are, they let any old mongo in with a VAGina group car...

By comparison I've just had Audi drop their major service price from £472 to £299 after I told them my indi would do it for £270.

I would normally take it to the indi but as it's going with only one service I don't mind spending the extra £30 on this (only) occasion.

Edited by bmwf113.0d

22 hours ago, bmwf113.0d said:

By comparison I've just had Audi drop their major service price from £472 to £299 after I told them my indi would do it for £270.

I love how they still couldn't bear to actually meet the price. Gits every last one of them.

Course you are, they let any old mongo in with a VAGina group car...

I would normally take it to the indi but as it's going with only one service I don't mind spending the extra £30 on this (only) occasion.
Well done neither Volvo or Mercedes would move fir me. Volvo wanted £299 for the first service on the wifes XC90 and the indy using genuine Volvo parts was £150?!?!

Merc were just useless....

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Did try and tell you that, but did you listen.........

You know deep down you should have bought a petrol Skoda instead. 

NO!

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk