Hi all, I need to try to code a module but I have lost the disc that came with my cable years ago. I have found a copy of E-Sys online and the launcher but when it starts it keeps asking for a pin and just repeats the cycle no matter how many times I enter the pin.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

That is an old version and the wrapper developer has introduced a time limit on the versions with old versions expiring. 

When I get to my PC I’ll send you a link to the latest. 

Edited by Matthew Ashton

16 minutes ago, ukgaz1987 said:

Thanks Matthew, really appreciate it. Completely stuck without it and don't want to have to pay BMW to replace and code the module.

Sorry, spoke too soon. I see ESYS Launcher Premium expired on 31/12/2018. I'm now trying to get access to ESYS Launcher PRO and I'll let you know if I get anywhere.

8 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

Sorry, spoke too soon. I see ESYS Launcher Premium expired on 31/12/2018. I'm now trying to get access to ESYS Launcher PRO and I'll let you know if I get anywhere.

Does that mean everyone’s E-Sys has now stopped working or will older versions still work?

1 minute ago, Matthew Ashton said:

They've all stopped working (Premium version).

From what I was reading in places, people have donated for pro and are still waiting weeks afterwards to get a download link or a key. Don’t fancy doing that. 

Edited by ukgaz1987

3 minutes ago, ukgaz1987 said:

From what I was reading in places, people have donated for pro and are still waiting weeks afterwards to get a download link or a key. Don’t fancy doing that. 

Yep, that is the frustration. I contacted the developer a year ago and he mentioned that there were a number of unsavoury people hacking his code hence the effort into a locked down version. That and the amount of time Launcher was taking when he needed to spend time with family.

Well pro still works as i expected, so looks like youll have to send a request and wait..

There is mention of putting E-Sys on a VM and messing around with BIOS times and guest modes to get premium, if you want to go that route

Edited by IINexusII

Believe pro is fine for the f10 but g30 has different mappings for newer modules that require the premium launcher. 

Tbh i bought a premium launcher via ebay and its been spot on.

Other way round Dave. Premium is now expired and was the “free” version, Launcher Pro is what is needed to ensure the correct mappings for Gxx cars. Buying this from eBay is not recommended as it will be from someone who has hacked the TokenMaster code. The only way to get a “legitimate” copy is to track down the elusive TokenMaster, contribute to him or his chosen charity and wait for a code and then use Google Authenticator to authenticate your copy and this is for the newer Pro versions. 

Sorry, you're right Matt but i thought he'd re-released a non expiry Premium version. 

Either way tracking down TM is a tricky and time consuming task it seemed- isnt he essentially hacking the launcher anyway? 

20 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

Sorry, you're right Matt but i thought he'd re-released a non expiry Premium version. 

That was last year 2017/2018 but that has now expired. 

20 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

Either way tracking down TM is a tricky and time consuming task it seemed- isnt he essentially hacking the launcher anyway? 

He is the developer of the Launcher which is a wrapper for ESYS to inject the descriptors that BMW stripped out of ESYS to discourage us from coding.

Quite a rip-off for that price and a very old version of the launcher but if it works then i guess itll get OP to get his coding done