Sign in to follow this  
e34m525i

E39 540i/6 Touring on eBay

Also looking at how many left site, this is the last e39 540i/6t left as there’s only 1 sorn for 2002 (this car) and no more after so that would make this the latest one registered in U.K.

ironically I have one of the earliest 540i/6t e39! I should buy it so I have the pair! But don’t have the funds with 3 other cars to sort!

Rough around the edges?

Unfortunately; that car nearly falls into the 'shit heap' pile for me...

I bet there's close to £2k's worth of work there to get that car up/running and bodywork fixed

You'll need a nice healthy wallet to get that car sorted; more so with the mentioning of how fast the car is in the first sentence... Means it's been ragged silly IMO

Good luck to the buyer!

I have always wanted a facelift 6 speed touring but prices seem pretty high the ones that have come up for sale. Very intrested in this and as Dan has said would require around 2k to bring it back up to scratch.. 

would probably have have to sell 1 or 2 of my cars to make room for this.. currently have robs 530d touring Manual (ttrw2) 530d saloon bought from pauliexjr and the 760li 

bidding is already up2 1500 what do you guys think is a good price for it? 

IMO if it goes over £2k, either someone is desperate for it, or the seller has pals bidding on it for him

It needs that much work, £2k would be a good price, if the sellers lucky

It's only of interest to a select few! Everyone else just sees a rusty, old petrol guzzler! 

Most likely to be broken for that gearbox which are always in demand! 

Not worth bringing back otherwise IMHO - silver SE with chrome trim and big bus steering wheel plus lack of heated seats. 

I think it’ll fetch 2k myself, and there’s not many cars that fall in this category, can anyone name any more cars that have the following combination?

rwd

estate 

v8

manual box 

rhd 

all the audis are 4x4 and all the mercs are autos 

so they are really the only thing of there kind other than the e34 v8 and e60 variants and there’s only 6 e34s left I think.

i know to many they are what dan said above rusty old guzzlers lol, but I think I’m time the values on these will rise, as they are the range topper of the tourings. It’s a lot of car for 2k if the rust isn’t really bad, most of that can be tidied up fairly easy.

having driven a 540 manual sport touring i can see the appeal greatly, but i can also see why 99% were autos!   This is very local to me, always wanted a 540i manual 

It’s only cosmetics and suspension, I’ve half transformed mine into sport spec, full sport interior in black with all carpets seatbelts, headliner changed etc,, from standard beige se spec stuff, also done the sport bumpers and m paras, I’ve got an m5 rear arb to go on, also getting m5 front arb and have m5 front suspension with eibachs, and v8 sport suspension for the rear, it’ll never be a genuine sport, but it’ll be exactly the same spec if not better as one that is! 

Only thing if I’d love to add after that is a 3:15 lsd but it’s a lot of money really to justify, also have m5 seats to go in but need to dye the rear bench to match the grey inserts on fronts.

its worth putting the time and work into these as there not coming up for sale often and will fetch a decent premium in the coming years like the e34 ones are now doing!