stchris356

F11 30d, drive train vibration under hard acceleration

Hi Guy's, I wonder if anyone has experienced the above?

I have changed to rear prop donut but still the same, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as It's a hard one to find.

I have tried Dr. Google too but to no avail!

TIA

Chris.

Mine had this when the rear tyres were out of balance.  Swapping to my winter set of wheels cured the issue.   I also at first thought it was a drivetrain issue/propshaft out of balance.

If you have a spare set of wheels at hand to try maybe swap over and check.   Or even just try swapping your fronts to rears.   

1 hour ago, Enzo503 said:

Mine had this when the rear tyres were out of balance.  Swapping to my winter set of wheels cured the issue.   I also at first thought it was a drivetrain issue/propshaft out of balance.

If you have a spare set of wheels at hand to try maybe swap over and check.   Or even just try swapping your fronts to rears.   

Thanks for that, I'll pop my winters on. Fingers crossed !

I have noticed a whooshing noise on overrun sound a bit like an escaping boost pressure noise and it seems to be from the middle of the car. Going back to the vibration I would say it sounds exactly like running over a rumble strip and lasts for about 2 seconds. Spoken to Dr. Google but just getting loads of variations from doughnuts on the prop, software from my remap etc. I'm thinking of trying the front doughnut next? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.