ZaKaS

E60 2007 Bluetooth no sound

Hi, maybe someone knows how to fix my problem- I can easily connect my phone, my girlfriends phone (both android) to cars bluetooth, iDrive shows contacts, I can control everything true wheel buttons, make calls, answer calls but I cant hear anyone and nobody can hear me. Phone is set to bluetooth output. I tried forgetting phones in iDrive and in phone but still no luck. What I remember that when I bought car i paired my phone and it was working for few calls and sound stopped after I played with iDrive and sos button. Can someone tell me how to fix it? 

Hi & welcome B)

Sadly I don't know how to help with your problem this time.

Edit: Depending on the age of the car, will have various different tech installed, could be fiber optic ring related (modules: TCU, MOST).
Check boot space below spare tyre for water damage to relevant electrical modules.

Someone else should soon confirm with more details.

Edited by DarkHorse

Have you checked your handset to make sure that it's doing what it should be doing in Bluetooth settings?

If iOS; they're very simple and there's not a lot you can do, but in Android, you can delve a bit deeper and change settings etc

If not that; have you tried a full system reset in the car (battery disconnected for a good hour etc)?

I had battery disconnected for short time-no luck, I will try to disconnect it for hour maybe next week. What about airbag warning light I will not get it after disconnecting battery for long time? In spare tyre place everywhere is clean and dry and when I bought car I moved all electrical modules from there to left side of trunk. Ill try to check optical cables to. Thanks for help lads

Edited by ZaKaS

Nope; no airbag lights will come on. They only come on if you faff about with the airbag system with the battery connected still :) 

Update: today disconnected battery for around 2 hours-bluetooth working but during call still no voice from Bluetooth no one can hear me. Checked fuses all looks good. Removed and disconnected bluetooth module from trunk, connected back-no voice from speakers... Tried old Blackberry phone, bluetooth connects without any problems I can control true steering wheel and call but again no sound from car speakers during call. Dont know where to check next looks like checked everywhere... 

Do you have INPA software? If so you can find the software version of your Bluetooth module. If it hasn't ever been updated since the car was sold, that might be why. I didn't have exactly the same problem as you, but my old MULF which had 2007 software would constantly disconnect from my iPhone. I recently replaced it with a MULF2 which has 2015 software, and it works much more reliably.