Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MN540

Icon Adaptive lights - movement with steering

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys

 

I've noticed then when I turn the steering wheel to the left the lights move (as they should) but when i turn the steering to the right they hardly move. Is this to do with the fact that we drive on the left and don't want to dazzle oncoming traffic on a bend? can someone check their lights please.

 

Many thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

Thats correct, and thats only the case when your stationary, once you start moving, the turn is more visible both ways. 

 

Many thanks for confirming. Will keep an eye out when driving......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Monkeyfinger said:

Yep, when stationary mine swivel left, but minimal or not at all to the right.

This does not imply that I vote Labour...

 

If you did, they’d swivel all the way to the left and wouldn’t even come back to the centre!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/12/2018 at 09:09, Back2Beemer said:

 

If you did, they’d swivel all the way to the left and wouldn’t even come back to the centre!

Ha ha - they'd then overheat implode and attempt to nationalise themselves all in the name of communism....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When in the city and turning right (low speed) my lights put what can only be described as an additional spot light beam of illumination on the right hand side as in the graphical videos on YouTube as opposed to the whole beam moving like driving at higher speeds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wassy said:

When in the city and turning right (low speed) my lights put what can only be described as an additional spot light beam of illumination on the right hand side as in the graphical videos on YouTube as opposed to the whole beam moving like driving at higher speeds.

 

Correct, I thought it was the fog lights going on like many modern cars do (often seem on roundabouts) but it’s the actual inside beam on the headlight changing the  angle and intensity of illumination. 

 

Thats how smart they are!

Edited by sjak92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

 

Correct, I thought it was the fog lights going on like many modern cars do (often seem on roundabouts) but it’s the actual inside beam on the headlight changing the  angle and intensity of illumination. 

 

Thats how smart they are!

 

Yep and they are even more crazy in the dark motorways and country backlanes. On Friday night I had them doing a v shape as a car approached in the opposite direction and flick to the left as we passed. It Is like having a set of search spot lights at the front. Very clever programming and sensor sophistication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2019 at 18:28, Wassy said:

 

Yep and they are even more crazy in the dark motorways and country backlanes. On Friday night I had them doing a v shape as a car approached in the opposite direction and flick to the left as we passed. It Is like having a set of search spot lights at the front. Very clever programming and sensor sophistication.

 

pits quite a light show at times and did take some getting used to, but it does seem to work really well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×