greenelekta

Alpina B10 V8 Touring

Lovely - looks like a face-lift car with external lights plus the steering wheel and nav - shame the interior is grey

This one is mine

9 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Why not fix the nightly faults though?

I have had a few health issues this year that have affected my ability to get after simpler tasks, instead having to rely on others to help me out. The major stuff is done, it's the smaller DIY niggles that are left, fixes that a new owner might like the satisfaction of repairing themselves.

9 hours ago, E39mad said:

Lovely - looks like a face-lift car with external lights plus the steering wheel and nav - shame the interior is grey

I'm with you here on the interior colour however it's the original one and its in decent condition so I stuck with it.

This is my third (and probably last) E39, I just can't love them like my E34s!!

Its a lovely looking machine Steve,if i had £11.5k doing nothing i,d be on my way north.

2 hours ago, StevieMillar said:

I have had a few health issues this year that have affected my ability to get after simpler tasks, instead having to rely on others to help me out. The major stuff is done, it's the smaller DIY niggles that are left, fixes that a new owner might like the satisfaction of repairing themselves.

That's fair enough and my sympathies. I suppose I read the advert as "can't be arsed" rather than unable too. 

I think it it was the a/c untested which means doesn't work and I've seen so many "just needs a regas"

its a lovely car anyway GLWTS. 

On 15/12/2018 at 19:28, StevieMillar said:

This one is mine

I'm with you here on the interior colour however it's the original one and its in decent condition so I stuck with it.

Stevie, glad to hear you are an E34, fan, what e34(s) do you have?

On 15 December 2018 at 19:28, StevieMillar said:

I sympathise with you; I have had one E39 and three E34's and as good an all-rounder as the E39 is, it is not as connected to the driving experience as the E34, nor anywhere near as refined as the E38... and dare I say not as good as looking as either.

That said, even after a few trials with my own B10 V8 Touring, they are a truly amazing all-rounder with near M5 performance but in a fabulously versatile Touring body. The 16 V8 engined E39 Touring Alpina's in right hand drive are as rare as they come and a good one is perhaps the best all round E39 you can get your hands on.

Edited by sharkfan

On 15/12/2018 at 10:21, E39mad said:

A simple trick to improving a grey on grey E39 is to swap the carpet out for a black one. Looks great

On 26/12/2018 at 19:55, Dongiov said:

Stevie, glad to hear you are an E34, fan, what e34(s) do you have?

one of my old ones i think (good ones!)