Steveo1

Just a Festive Thank You

I would just like to give a festive thank you to the person who has inflicted this on the bonnet and front bumper of my F11 hope Father Christmas lands his sleigh right on the top off there car.unnamed.thumb.jpg.d28b9364c12e841d7f1c548bb1e2eb3d.jpg

Came home from work today to find this 7or 8 deep scratches in the bumper and bonnet as well a a large mark which has completely removed the paint down to the primer.

My thinking is it may have been the Wheelie Bin collection as my street is not very wide and I am wondering if they have dropped one of the bins off the back of the lorry and it has bounced off my car. Maybe wrong but am ringing the council on Monday to see if they have CCTV on the rear of the lorries but not holding out much hope.

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement.

Edited by Steveo1

Oh dear! I'd be surprised if a plastic bin would go through to the metal - I've reversed into my own bins before and done no damage. Looks a bit as though someone with an overhanging load of some sort has reversed into you. Bummer!

Edited by Boba

I'd check with the bin men it could easily have happened when the bin men were in your road, and they may remember someone reversing into a gap in front of your car so their could pass with their lorry, its a long shot I know but you may be lucky, its a real bummer though,  I  agree it looks like the damage has been caused by some sort  load sticking out.

Ar$e that's really poor.

Could have been a small delivery lorry something like a 7.5 tonne box van, high enough up at the back end but small enough to get into residential streets. A mates car was damaged like that from a something similar.

20 hours ago, Steveo1 said:

I would just like to give a festive thank you to the person who has inflicted this on the bonnet and front bumper of my F11 hope Father Christmas lands his sleigh right on the top off there car.

Came home from work today to find this 7or 8 deep scratches in the bumper and bonnet as well a a large mark which has completely removed the paint down to the primer.

My thinking is it may have been the Wheelie Bin collection as my street is not very wide and I am wondering if they have dropped one of the bins off the back of the lorry and it has bounced off my car. Maybe wrong but am ringing the council on Monday to see if they have CCTV on the rear of the lorries but not holding out much hope.

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement.

So sorry @Steveo1, We all take such great car of our prides and joy and to come back to this! 

Thanks for the replies.

Gave it a wash today and to have a better look at the damage. The damage is about 24 inches long right along the top of the bumper and leading edge of the bonnet.

Going to ring the bodyshop tomorrow just hope it doesn't need a new bumper as there is a small dent on the top edge.