Bush Pig

Wiper Speed

OK, we got the frozen wing mirror issue sorted, locked open 'till April.

Now wipers - in certain drizzle the fastest intermittent is too slow, continuous wiping is too fast.  I assume that the wipers are 'smart' sensing rain on the screen but I can't seen to find a happy medium.

Is there a setting or a knob I can tweak (no jokes please) to adjust the fastest speed of the intermittent wipe (slider speed pushed up on stalk)?  Only a small thing but drives me bloody mad - me old Mondeo 4.5 never had this issue.

I am on my fourth BMW and I have always thought that getting wiper speed just right  (especially in automatic mode) is one of the weaknesses of the brand 

14 hours ago, Bush Pig said:

OK, we got the frozen wing mirror issue sorted, locked open 'till April.

Now wipers - in certain drizzle the fastest intermittent is too slow, continuous wiping is too fast.  I assume that the wipers are 'smart' sensing rain on the screen but I can't seen to find a happy medium.

Is there a setting or a knob I can tweak (no jokes please) to adjust the fastest speed of the intermittent wipe (slider speed pushed up on stalk)?  Only a small thing but drives me bloody mad - me old Mondeo 4.5 never had this issue.

Yet another thing BMW cannot get right, sometimes mine speed up really fast.... seems to be only Off - normal - Fast - and ridiculous

They keep wiping even when harldy any spots hit the screen.... change sensitivity up and down or turn off and on and they work

change from normal to fast and again need to be turned off and on to rest

sometimes they go to "ridiculous" setting where they go that fast the wipers hit the A pillar on the drivers side....   could be a great car but for my first BMW its so disappointing just how much is pretty rubbish compared to Audi I must say - when I come to change I think it will be back to an A6 for me unless I go SUV route and go for Q8 ?

Agree with comments on wipers. But my personal experience with owning 3 Audis, was great cars let down by numerous electrical faults. My 5er has been great in comparison, but I guess I will need to wait and see how it goes over the years..

1 hour ago, sjak92 said:

such first world problems....

Pah, you lot think you’ve got problems, it’s that windy I’ve got waves in my hot tub..... 

;) 

13 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

We'll be rejecting cars over poor wiper performance soon... looking at you Mr X because i know you're lurking somewhere on here :ph34r:

Oi! 

I thought we had moved on from that and where to busy offering little sniping comments to one another....

:lol:;)