Hi,

I'd suggest going to view these and other's you find and expand your search to nationwide. Plenty of excellent advice on here and M5 board and pistonheads forums for you to lookover so that you can examine each car you see for faults/issues etc.

The first one you reference has a very well written advert but poor pictures. The second one not as good description and so so pictures. What you can see from the Silverstone one is odd panel gaps to the bonnet and both wings. The Le Mans one has poor lighting for the pictures so you can't see anything immediately out of alignment for the panels etc, it might be the lighting angle again, but check carefully for poor respray colour matching nearside wing looks a different shade to the bonnet and A Pillar for instance.

Good luck in your search! I think there's a good example in the Cars for sale section too :)

Cheers, Dennis!

33 minutes ago, Bumbaclut said:

Dennis how is the top one poor pictures? I'd say opposite, you can see the whole car form all angles.....

Fully agree, very good, clear/crisp pictures

Itll just be AKA Dennis wanting absolute perfection & not able to accept the real world... 

Si & Dan,

You need to get to specsavers!

You can indeed see the car from all angles, I just pointed out the colour difference in the offside wing compared to the A Pillar and Bonnet, it's clearly apparent in two different angle pictures. Given the Silverstone one has panel gaps that look odd and rbond9 has put them both together as potential cars on his shortlist, it's not clear from these pictures of the LMB one if the panel gaps are similar or like how the car left the factory!

We all know that pictures don't show the car well enough in most cases which is why I mentioned going to view them in the very first few lines of my response above. 

Rbond9 - I'd say perhaps look at this forum members M5 listed in the FS section - 

The latter pictures are also not clear/too dark, the initial images are better. As ever, with any E39 looking great in pictures, you must view the car in person !

Cheers, Dennis!

Dennis; it's a c16 year old car, unless garaged all it's life, never driven in bad weather and never needed any body work/attention, they are NOT going to be perfect... This is what I'm pointing out

Everything you write comes across that if it's not perfect, it's no good. If alloys aren't done in a specific way, they're no good etc...

We all know that any car needs to be inspected, in person, closely; but your comments are condescending at times... It ain't needed! ;) 

This is off topic, so I'll leave it be...

To the OP; good luck with your search, the good versions of these fine motors are starting to thin, a lot now, prices are climbing! 

Hi Dan,

Remember, it's a discussion forum, with varying opinions and thoughts. My standards are different to yours, and many other members have much much higher (or lower!) standards to me, you and many others. I have seen that recently you want to pick on a lot of my responses which is fair enough, keep them coming I say. Just because I have a view it doesn't mean that you directly need to comment or personally insult me - I won't and never will respond to you (or anyone else) in such a manner when you do.

For these two cars, I know full well how old they are and how their life may have been and upon initial view of the adverts, I'd say a lot of those who may be looking for a car will see the obvious flaws and click the back button. Other's will think about it and others will actually go to view. 

Lastly, I agree the good, honest, clean and well looked after examples are getting thinner on the ground and their asking/selling prices are higher. The rest have higher asking prices and take a lot longer to sell given the obvious and not so obvious flaws. Take a look at another Silverstone example on Ebay, the different shade wing is so clear to see. 

Cheers, Dennis!

my eyes are fine, i don't need spec savers, half of what you say is speculation as mostly viewing a car in the flesh means things that photograph are sometimes no true. There i managed to get a point over without 5 paragraphs! 

15 minutes ago, Bumbaclut said:

. There i managed to get a point over without 5 paragraphs! 

You’ve done it now! 

The internet might actually crash with the length of drivel reply you’re going to get! ;) 

O2 didn’t go down the other day because of bad code, they couldn’t process all the shite Dennis was spouting.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

Edit sorry to the OP! 

Good luck in your search, viewing in person is really the only way of judging a car, like what has already been mentioned ;) 

Edited by Yokozuna

Fail to see what Dennis did to cause a reaction - seemed genuine and decent advice. I think he was just highlighting that the pictures in the first ad were done in poor lighting so it was difficult to judge cosmetic condition.

Anyway, as someone who has recently bought an e39 m5, I can't recommend it enough OP!