Talia2711

2005 BMW 5 series

Having a bit of a problem with my 5 series. We’ve tried a lot of things already but with no success so hoping someone might have some ideas.

The car is basically hardly moving uphill (any slight incline). I put my foot down and it won’t pull at all. I’ll be going max 30 mph which isn’t ideal.

So far we’ve tried cleaning the dpf, changing it for a new one (helped for a day but back to the same again now), replacing maf sensor.

the error code on the obd2 is showing maf sensor still but when you remove the maf sensor and clear the codes, it works again for a journey but then goes back to not moving.

is there anything else anyone can think of trying or is it time to get a new car

any advice gratefully received!

8 hours ago, Talia2711 said:

Having a bit of a problem with my 5 series. We’ve tried a lot of things already but with no success so hoping someone might have some ideas.

The car is basically hardly moving uphill (any slight incline). I put my foot down and it won’t pull at all. I’ll be going max 30 mph which isn’t ideal.

So far we’ve tried cleaning the dpf, changing it for a new one (helped for a day but back to the same again now), replacing maf sensor.

the error code on the obd2 is showing maf sensor still but when you remove the maf sensor and clear the codes, it works again for a journey but then goes back to not moving.

is there anything else anyone can think of trying or is it time to get a new car

any advice gratefully received!

Welcome to the forum

You need to put this into the relevant tech section, further down the home page. It'll get better coverage and answers then :) 

Also; amend your profile so it shows us which 5 series it is you're driving (ie. E39/E60/F10 etc); it'll appear here:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<