Novasport

Intravee II not working.

Thanks for the instructions, I have now changed the Source to DAB. It is not finding any stations at the moment so hope the tuner is working OK. I have the aerial connected but just sat in the boot and the car is down the side of my house. Will get the car out tomorrow and try to get some stations.

Fingers crossed!

Printed off the Intravee instructions to have a read, and there is a hell of a lot to read!

When an item in the menu is selected with a press of the the rotary knob, some have a star that comes up but nothing happens. Does that mean it is not available?

DAB does need a pretty good signal and it’s blocked by metal, so in the boot is not the best place! The antenna orientation is quite important too.

Have you downloaded the Extra Supplement too?

The extra supplement instructions? Yeah. Some reading there!

Was not wanting to put the aerial in yet til I knew the DAB unit worked and figured out where to site it. I had the boot open when testing but think the aerial needs grounding which I didn't do. Will have another go tomorrow.

Getting there now. Read somewhere that you can use the TV module aerial, is that right?

Hopefully my Gen 13 ULF will turn up tomorrow.

Got a convertible Bluetooth mic with the upper steering shroud to fit to go with it(it is a coupe but got an Alpina build number plaque sited where the coupe mic fits!), should be a nice build when finished and looks like I can pair using the Intrave.

Thanks again for your help Richard. Greatly appreciated

Right. i-Pod is now fully working OK which is the good news.

Bad news is the DAB unit is definitely not picking uo any stations :(.

Looks like there is a choice of LL, LA and LW but all say Waiting then No Text after a few minutes. I have the aerial laying over the car onto the windscreen so should pick something up.

Bit miffed as the CD changer I bought was scrap and now the TUA looks like it too. TUA was not cheap either so hope I can get my money back on that.

Any ideas or words of wisdom before I try to return it?

20181208_120042.jpg

20181208_120025.jpg

Do a scan for an Ensemble  (or Multiplex, MUX for short) with a log key press of either > or <, or from one of the Preset banks select the 'Auto Store' option.

You have to remember that this is quite an old DAB tuner, it does not list all stations that it finds like a modern DAB unit does.  You need to know the basics of how DAB works.

The DAB band is split into a number of discrete channels, each one can carry an Ensemble.  Ensembles can be local or National, for example the BBC Ensemble is on Channel 12B.  Local Ensembles carry local stations and can only be received in a particular region, in other regions there may or may not be an Ensemble using that channel.  Nation Ensembles use the same channels nationwide.  One of the good characteristics of DAB is that the receiver can utilise the signal of multiple transmitters that are near to one another to create a better signal so you can easily have national channels.  With FM/AM on the other hand, multiple transmitters near to one another will interfere with each other so national radio has to use multiple frequencies.  RDS enables an FM tuner to automatically re-tune on the fly to other frequencies of the same station, but if you've ever used a pre RDS radio in a car you soon realise how often you have to re-tune.

So, with the Intravee/TUA-T100DAB you must first select the Ensemble (MUX) then select the channel from within the Ensemble.

Scan to the next/prev Ensemble with a long press of the < or > keys, select the station within the Ensemble with a short press of the < or > keys.

Saving a preset saves both the Ensemble and Station.  As searching for an Ensemble takes a little time, save one station from each Ensemble in each preset, then you can rapidly switch Ensemble and select a different station from within it.

Just to add, although the TUA-T100DAB is quite old, it's actually one of the most sensitive (i.e. will get reception even with a poor signal) ever made.  The TUA-T100DAB in my E39 will work in many places where the DAB in my M6 will not.

Glad it’s all working now.

re the antennna.  You can use the FM antenna with a splitter or the TV antenna.

The BM54 uses a FACRA connector, the BM24 has an ISO connector. The TV and TUA-T100DAB use SMB connectors. Something like this would enable you to connect the BM54 antenna to both the BM54 and TUA-T100DAB.

https://audiovisualworld.co.uk/dab-fakra-to-smb-connector-aerial-antenna-splitter-ct27aa134.html

The TV is useless now anyway so is it worth using that?

There are two connections/leads to the module, is it a pass through(ie, in and out) to the BM54 or is it its own aerial. Is it powered as think the TUA is a lesser voltage so cannot accept 12v.

You can use the TV antenna directly if you want.  It's a diversity system, so 2 antennas and the TV selects the bets signal.  You can T them together or just use 1, but using 1 you might find you lose reception if the transmitter is the wrong side of the car.

You can use one of these :

https://cpc.farnell.com/rf-solutions/adp-smbf-2smbm/tee-adaptor-smb-female-to-2x-smb/dp/CN20669?mckv=sw5mVutv3_dc|pcrid|224689766569|kword||match||plid||slid||product|CN20669|pgrid|49729733449|ptaid|pla-412324023826|&amp;CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&amp;gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2azziYyR3wIVqL_tCh3UywTTEAkYASABEgLO0PD_BwE