Hi guys, 

this is May come in handy for someone or may not but still an interesting one.

back when I got my e60 the first thing (obviously) was hunting down a set of spiders. When the rims arrived I realised the guy had sent me 4 front alloys, so 8.5 all round, instead of 2 front and 2 back 8.5/9.5.

I kind of cared and kind of didnt so I though f*ck it. Got some rubber and slapped them on. They fit pretty perfect all round. No speed issues, no breaking or cornering issues and after 3/4 months the are still wearing evenly all round. Looking at camber and any offset issues will be in the future when I fit the new springs but for now (3/4months down the line) it’s been perfect. I’ve never been a fan of trying to space them out to achieve a ‘wider more aggressive stance’ as I feel like that’s an obvious crap give away of trying to look more like a beast and just makes the car look like it’s a tractor. Low and sleek is the name of my game with this one, not pretending to be and RS4. Yes the offset will be a ballhair out but really not worth losing sleep over as I’ve tried it, I’m currently running it and it works. 

Also chose 35 profile for the back instead of the ‘reccommended’ 30 as I reckon it just looks better and may help in keeping those rears from cracking up easily.

So maybe this will help someone out if they  struggling to find the perfect set (I searched for a looooooong time) and need to mix and match. Just DONT buy odd ones, I refused to settle for all the sales of 3 replicas and 1 original etc. 

set up is

4x8.5j all round

245/35/19

9F884B82-6558-4D76-BDC2-2B86B1B43F96.jpeg

A6C87C83-B1F8-4D1C-93CE-B48A66D25135.jpeg

Edited by Gus Alpine e60

Very good. I'm not a fan of a staggered setup, but it is what I've got. It was specced from new with the staggered 18" upgrade. (8J x 18" front and 9J x 18" rear). It simply doesn't need the wider rears. Not as if it is an M5 or anything.

Edited by Tuvoc

5 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

Very good. I'm not a fan of a staggered setup, but it is what I've got. It was specced from new with the staggered 18" upgrade. (8J x 18" front and 9J x 18" rear). It simply doesn't need the wider rears. Not as if it is an M5 or anything.

Easy peasy ehB)

245/35/19s all round would certainly be easier and cheaper to buy rubber on Spiders. I love my staggard Spiders so fuck it. :wub:

All Seasons would be nice though. I could live with these too. 

sZTySjn.jpg

Edited by Deviant

I've never had a matched set of tyres in 6 years I've had the car, mainly because the fronts that were on the car when I bought it are still on there. That particular tyre is no longer available so the two times I've replaced the rears I couldn't match them. However the fronts will probably need replacing next year, so then I have a chance to match the rears !

(actually this problem was nothing to do with them being staggered..)