Healeyfels

G31 rear wiper blade

I’m probably just being thick, but anyone know how to fold back the rear wiper blade when cleaning the car, or for when a new wiper blade needs to be fitted. Mine just seems to pull back a few inches, and then hits a ‘stop’. I took off the end cap, and the only way would be to unscrew the nut that secures the blade to the back window. Anyone fitted a new rear wiper blade yet?

Not sure if it helps as I now have the saloon but on my previous car, Audi A6 Avant, the rear wiper did not fold back like the front, it only lifted a couple of inches to be able to wipe around and under it and give just enough space to replace the wiper blade 

On my e91 the rear wiper arm only lifts up a few inches as well! 

You just slide the blade out when you’ve lifted the wiper arm up. 

I imagine its similar on all tourings/estates? 

Thanks. Seems the wiper blade I was supplied by Halfords was the wrong one. Which was confusing me as the clip was similar to the front ones. Anyway, returned that and I think its like you guys said and its just slips / pulls out of the holder. Will order the correct one!! Cheers

6 minutes ago, ibiza130bikes said:

Thanks. Seems the wiper blade I was supplied by Halfords was the wrong one. Which was confusing me as the clip was similar to the front ones. Anyway, returned that and I think its like you guys said and its just slips / pulls out of the holder. Will order the correct one!! Cheers

Another thumbs up for halfrauds eh..... 

:rolleyes: :lol: