Sign in to follow this  
RS_E60

Coilovers Install Questions & Hello!

Hi All :D,

New to joining although I've been following the forum since I bought my E60 last year. 

It's a Manual 525D 2007 LCI Platinum Metallic Grey (Dark Grey) with 19" OEM Spiders with the bonus of the Sunroof and other specs as Pro Nav / Heated seats etc. 

So far, I've done a CDV delete, which I can't recommend enough, a rolling road remap, slight audio upgrade, front splitters and an M Performance gear knob. 

On the verge of ordering a set of coilovers, possibly DTS from Germany which are made by KW / AP. 

Previously on my E46 330Cd, I had to get the shorter droplinks to accommodate the drop. 

Are installing these on an E60 straight forward (Plug and Play should I say) or are there other things I'd need to look at for them to be installed? I hope this makes sense :roll:

I'll get some pictures uploaded soon..

Cheers!

Ricky. 

12 minutes ago, RS_E60 said:

Hi All :D,

New to joining although I've been following the forum since I bought my E60 last year. 

It's a Manual 525D 2007 LCI Platinum Metallic Grey (Dark Grey) with 19" OEM Spiders with the bonus of the Sunroof and other specs as Pro Nav / Heated seats etc. 

So far, I've done a CDV delete, which I can't recommend enough, a rolling road remap, slight audio upgrade, front splitters and an M Performance gear knob. 

On the verge of ordering a set of coilovers, possibly DTS from Germany which are made by KW / AP. 

Previously on my E46 330Cd, I had to get the shorter droplinks to accommodate the drop. 

Are installing these on an E60 straight forward (Plug and Play should I say) or are there other things I'd need to look at for them to be installed? I hope this makes sense :roll:

I'll get some pictures uploaded soon..

Cheers!

Ricky. 

Welcome to the forums pal :)

This is probably best asked in the relevant E60 tech section further down the page; it'll get better coverage and you'll get better answers also ;) 

On all the BMWs I've installed; they haven't required shorter drop-links. But it could be different on an E60.

Are you installing them yourself (have you installed coilovers before); or are you going to get a garage to do it? 

Things like the pre-load need to be set correctly and then a proper wheel alignment need to be done/taken into consideration and IMO; having the car put through a fast-road set up is an ideal way to finish off the install too. Ensures everything is pointing in the right direction then ;) 

12 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Welcome to the forums pal :)

This is probably best asked in the relevant E60 tech section further down the page; it'll get better coverage and you'll get better answers also ;) 

On all the BMWs I've installed; they haven't required shorter drop-links. But it could be different on an E60.

Are you installing them yourself (have you installed coilovers before); or are you going to get a garage to do it? 

Things like the pre-load need to be set correctly and then a proper wheel alignment need to be done/taken into consideration and IMO; having the car put through a fast-road set up is an ideal way to finish off the install too. Ensures everything is pointing in the right direction then ;) 

Cheers Dan.

Ahh I didn't even think to post it there, Mods are you able to move this over on my behalf? 

I normally install them with my uncle, as we have done on numerous E46's but not on an E60 so hopefully they are just straight forward. 

Yeah, in relation to the geometry and such, I always tend to get a complete four wheel alignment after any suspension work. 

Ricky