Rene

Missing menu "vehicle setup"

Hello,

I'm new to this forum but after reading a lot about all the intravee 2 options I got excited. I bought an intravee 2 8 years ago as the best iPod interface on the market. Now i'm reading about all the extra thing an intravee 2 can do. So i bought a RS232 converter en started upgrading my intravee 2. I'm on software version 6.02-7140 right now. But i'm missing the menu to do vehicle setup menu. I go to setup - extra - and then I see Vehicle info, Extra Settins and OBC Reset. The Vehicle setup menu should also be there isn't it?

I have a OEM MK4 computer whit a 16:9 screen, but not out of the factory. Build in by a friend of mine 8 years ago. (E46 330i from aug 2002)

I was thinking i'm missing a wire somewhere so the intravee 2 could not get that vehicle info maybe. But I do have info like temp, water temp, max rev, all that kind of stuff. Is this all on iBus? If yes, it means its all connected correctly. If no, what did we do wrong 8 years ago?

Thanx already for any answers!

You need to accept the disclaimer to enable the extras that perform some sort of control function.  Go to the Extras Settings menu and select Disclaimer, then click through each screen and select 'Yes' at the end.  You'll then have a new menu option on the Extras menu.

Ok, I'm a bit ashamed now. It's really that simple. I must have read that somewhere. Did a lot of reading about the intravee update and I had to wait a long time, because my car was at the paint shop for like 1,5 month. Got it back this evening and now I'm a happy man with auto folding mirrors and 3 times blinking. Thanx Richard for the really fast answer!