This is a topic for those brave enough to own a 535I.

I recently purchased a 2015 535i M Sport Auto with 37592 Miles on ther Clock from BMW Vines. I plan tro improve the model with some upgrades namley, Winter Tyres for present 18's, K+N Panel, Black grills, Dog Guard, Staggerd 20's, Upgrade Brakes, Intercooler, Lower Suspension.

This is my second BMW I still have my previous e46 328i SEA, I plan on using this for other adventures. ;)  picture of old and new below.

cleaner.jpg

side535.jpg

Edited by NeilV535
spelling

2 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Makes a change from the dreary sea of four pot oil burners out there.

Yaaaawwwnnnnn .....your soap box is becoming rather tedious on here. 

To the OP welcome - lovely F11 you have there.

Well done on tracking one down; took me a year... 

Fond memories of my E46 325i - my first foray into BMWs. First foray on an autobahn. Let us know how you get on with your upgrades. 

Welcome to the F11 club. :D given the price difference between petrol and diesel now (11p a litre) I would certainly consider a petrol car again. 

Nice motor mate! I’m 8 months in on my F11 535d and I love it. Would’ve liked a 535i, having come from a 335i, but I average about 50,000 miles a year...... Oh, and I’ve heard they’re a bit rare ;)

23 hours ago, goram said:

Oh, and I’ve heard they’re a bit rare ;)

On that note, @NeilV535, what is yours registered as? Mine has the peculiarity of being registered as M Sport Turbo Auto. Interested to know if yours being newer has Turbo in the cars name on the V5.

1 hour ago, 535i Andrew said:

On that note, @NeilV535, what is yours registered as? Mine has the peculiarity of being registered as M Sport Turbo Auto. Interested to know if yours being newer has Turbo in the cars name on the V5.

It seems they can have either designation from 2011, but no Turbo designations in 2010. Currently howmanyleft.co.uk lists the following for the 535i M Sport registered from 2010 onwards. Note they could be F10's or F11's, and the SE/Executive/Luxury versions are specificlly excluded:

535i M Sport: 12 currently taxed, none SORN'd

535i M Sport Auto: 296 currently taxed, 5 SORN'd

535i M Sport Turbo: 1 currently taxed, none SORN'd

535i M Sport Turbo Auto: 38 currently taxed, 2 SORN'd

Edited by BFleming

5 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Sounds like a good old Saab TURBO

first upgrades done, Dog Guard + matte Black Grilles.

Driving home last night learnt a lot, Eco Pro only useful if going 75 or less with cruise control, Comfort mode average for everyday use, Sport Nutter mode for when you want to realise what you have bought. :) Sport + need more time first, 212 miles of mixed driving 36.7mpg, more than my 328 can achieve.

How did you get on with the grills, easy enough to swap out?

I was surprised at the returned mpg when given the chance to do longer trips.  If you cruise at motorway speed limits, you can get over 40mpg.  I've never owned a car that could do that.

You will find Eco slow mode only worth while if you are stuck in traffic.  It makes the throttle response too heavy/slow.

WE NEED TO SEE MORE PICS!;)

Grille was a piece of piss to change kneel in front of car pull grill down and away pops right out with a bit of effort, black ones pop in again.

Dog guard doesn't interfere with rear shelf mechanism. 

20181116_115809.jpg

20181116_115800.jpg

This must be the very first 535i that ive seen without a leather interior and small nav!

Looks very nice and I love the alcantara steering wheel, looks the business!

15 minutes ago, NeilV535 said:

the steering wheel is covered in leather ;)

Really? Either the picture is weird or that leather is rubber away very badly for such low miles?