530nm

Phone calendars - what's best/most people use

What do you guys use for your daily reminders and tasks to do and when bills are due etc.

I have been old school for long time and always kept things in my head, but got far too much on these days and want to organise myself better and not let get work and things get above head level...

Moved over to android some 6 years ago from iphone. But considering moving back if it makes life easier organising myself.

Tried google calendars on desktop but it would t really sync desktop items to phone..

Looking for something with less faffing around

I use Google Calanders and it’s faultless with my mobile and even syncs with MS Outlook for Mac 

Are you sure you’ve got it set up properly (not trying to be a smart arse), it can be easily cocked up, more so if you’ve  a few Gmail accounts etc

3 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

I use Google Calanders and it’s faultless with my mobile and even syncs with MS Outlook for Mac 

Are you sure you’ve got it set up properly (not trying to be a smart arse), it can be easily cocked up, more so if you’ve  a few Gmail accounts etc

I installed/updated google calendar on phone.  But for some reason when I add a task/reminder on a desktop computer, and then go back to mobile phone to refresh and check only events will sync slowly or hit and miss.  The reminders/task set on desktop dont appear on phone..

Would be ideal and make life so much easier if I can link google calendar to work outlook, google home desktop and google phone, is that possible?

I wouldn't bother with anything else if the pre-installed calendar on my Samsung Note 5 was capable of syncing with work outlook, and work desktop PC, meaning I can check my reminders and tasks on my work computer too at anytime or add if something is in my head and not worry i need to check individual devices to see what needs done where.

Need a central solution for all of it

Have you downloaded Outlook for Android onto your Note 5 and tried to sync calendar info with that?

Can't understand why Google Calendar isn't working for you. What about uninstalling it, reinstalling it and then syncing from there?

BTW; cracking phone. Best of the Note series IMO; better than the stupid Edge screens ;) 

We use Microsoft Exchange which syncs everything seamlessly with Laptop/phones/I Pad.

It just...works.

On a aside, anybody using any account's package's, Zero, Quickbook's et all?

I use Google calendar on PC (via Chrome) and iOS (via the app). Very pleased with it and used it for many years. I find the multiple calendar feature handy as well.