Dakota

Eco Pro and heated seats

First time with heated seats, now it's the second button that gets hit after the start button.  I had the drivers seat re-covered as it was a bit worn, so the heat pad is not as close to the surface as elsewhere.  Means my back is slightly warmer than my behind which I actually like!

Also impressed that the heating extends to the bolsters, not just back and butt.

1 hour ago, Dakota said:

I knew EcoPro downgraded the AC, but have discovered over the last few days it also reduces the temperature of heated seats. Those crafty Germans.

You should be able to configure eco Pro in the iDrive so it doesn't affect seat heating and/ or air con, at least I could in my last 2 F10s.

Not only seats but the speed at which your mirrors and rear windscreen will defrost too

50 minutes ago, Johnny Grabble said:

You should be able to configure eco Pro in the iDrive so it doesn't affect seat heating and/ or air con, at least I could in my last 2 F10s.

Didn't know that, will have a look.

Because Eco Pro works best on a long journey, preferably with little traffic, where the car will coast as much as it can, over a 1000 mile journey, it makes a difference, believe me.

I have 16 plate 520d msport and commute 100 miles a day - mainly motorway. It's mostly smart motorway in rush hour and the limit is always 60mph and it's busy but flowing. On a good day Eco Pro gives me 58mpg and according to the conputer figures saves me about a gallon of diesel per tankful. 

Agree with Johnny Grabble about the unresponsive loud peday though. 

Eco pro works well for me, although I find it best for A roads.  

If I leave it in comfort mode and I am in moving traffic on said A road.  I always notice my live mpg is at 25mpg, so I let off of the loud pedal just a smidge, I am still doing the same speed but now its 45mpg.

In Eco pro, that smidge has now turned into quite a noticeable difference in pedal range, thus I am able to modulate the mpg to power needed better..      You can still overtake etc with Eco Pro mode, I do not find it unresponsive... Just have to press the loud pedal further!  (that might be engine dependent)