lockerman 22

bmw e60 530d re paint boot lid

I have always fancied having a go my self at spraying a car body panel part with aerosol cans but been put off with the idea of getting it wrong,  my boot spoiler recently came off taking paint with it. Been looking at you tube and thinking if I took my time I might???? (they do make it look easy) so as anyone had any great success or is it body shop only. Colour of car is Carbon black

Yeah im carbon black too, I did a partial respray on my front bumper where I scuffed it and it came out pretty well.  I have also fully resprayed a set of motorcycle fairings with and got a good result, although all the parts I have done are all plastic so a bit easier than metal!! Dont have a picture of the bumper I did but the pic attatched of my bike (any excuse to show it off! Lol) shows the end result.

Just make sure you get a decent quality colour matched paint and some good bodyshop laquer, take your time with the prep, dont rush anything and it can be done.  A diy job with a spray can is obviously never going to match the quality of a professional job, but I got a pretty decent result.

20180604_194249.jpg

21 minutes ago, lockerman 22 said:

Looks good, I got it done in a body shop but since I have been thinking of getting a used wing and doing some practice goes on it to see what happens!!

Glad you got it sorted anyway!