nealpina

Wheeler Dealers Series 16

As Mike Brewer was mentioned yesterday, I thought I search when this fine upstanding feller is back on our screens 

Can't find the UK air dates, but seriously is being shown in the US again before us which could be considered to be unfair - as I mentioned last year 

The first three episodes have already been shown in the US and can be watched on-line if you know where to look 

This is the most comprehensive list I can find, there may be a couple more episodes 

1. 1976 Mercury Capri MK2
  2. 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
  3. 1995 Volvo 850 T-5R Wagon
  4. 1991 Alfa Romeo 164L
  5. 1991 Lotus Elan M100

Also watched the first 10 minutes of the Capri - good so far.  Not sure if I will watch that episode in full and then the rest on-line, or wait for it to be broadcast on UK

It's only jay and Mike calls him a silly fat w@nker too..... probably. 

As ever very people confuse the person with the tv persona. If presenters were as we are in real life tv would be awful!

It is only me! And I doubt he calls me silly.... ;) 

so what your saying dunc is wheeler deelers is scripted and they are portraying themselves as the “normal” bloke that buys a bin and gets his set of spanners  out to make £7, but in reality they’re different people....

remember the video of him blaming Edd for leaving? I suppose that was put on as well? :rolleyes: the man is a cocksocket imo! 

I have always wondered about the 'profit margins' stated in the Wheeler Dealers series with Mike and Ed.  After paying the invisible mechanics who simply must have been involved offscreen to complete the various undertakings, they would all be inevitably in the red.   Good entertainment and many useful tips gained over the years would override that of course, and I still think that a series with Ed China giving detailed instructions on various mechanical and bodywork problems would have a huge following. 

Edited by oldjohnny

30 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

so what your saying dunc is wheeler deelers is scripted and they are portraying themselves as the “normal” bloke that buys a bin and gets his set of spanners  out to make £7, but in reality they’re different people....

remember the video of him blaming Edd for leaving? I suppose that was put on as well? :rolleyes: the man is a cocksocket imo! 

On WD and the like they are a version of themselves. They're not actors but exaggerating one aspect of their personality. Maybe you won;t like them in real life but TV isn;t real life!

Think how Clarkson portrays himself as a bit of an imbecile if you read anything by him or seen his programme on VC winners he clearly is not but it suits his purpose for TG or TGT.

1 hour ago, oldjohnny said:

I have always wondered about the 'profit margins' stated in the Wheeler Dealers series with Mike and Ed.  After paying the invisible mechanics who simply must have been involved offscreen to complete the various undertakings, they would all be inevitably in the red.   Good entertainment and many useful tips gained over the years would override that of course, and I still think that a series with Ed China giving detailed instructions on various mechanical and bodywork problems would have a huge following. 

Yeah, they are massively out on most projects.

My take on it is similar to the little prick on Salvage Hunters... they seem to be nice guys who over pay for things and under value other things they sell.

It creates a false sense of 'oh I bet they are really trustworthy and reliable guys to do business with'

When in fact it's all an act and they'd both bend you over and dry bum you in the real world of business.

I completely understand that people on tv arnt who they are in real life but I’ve watched MB over the years and he just comes across as the sleazy typical used car salesmen and he (from what I get the impression of) “puts on” a cheeky chappy persona and fails at it! 

I’m not going to on about that gobshite anymore as he depresses me! :lol: 

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 02:14, nealpina said:

Also watched the first 10 minutes of the Capri - good so far.  Not sure if I will watch that episode in full.

Just watched the Capri episode in full.

No spoiler alerts but very geeky which I liked, and I didn't know something about that engine which was a very interesting fact. Also Mike was wrong about a fact he made when they did the Capri in series 1.

48 minutes ago, nealpina said:

Also Mike was wrong about a fact he made when they did the Capri in series 1.

See, told you he was a tosser! Doesn’t even know what he’s chatting! 

The gobshite! :lol:

The highly regarded TV car presenter Mike and his trustworthy co-host mechanic Ant are on tonight with the start of the new series.  

I have captured Mike's genuine mistake about the Capri which they did in series one.  As tonight's UK version may have this edited. 

1 hour ago, bmwf113.0d said:

The more I watch it the more I dislike him, I can also see in Edd's eyes he's often thinking "what a twat" 

You’ve dangled that hook but I ain’t biting! ;) 

have I ever mentioned he’s a bellend? :lol: 

On 26/10/2018 at 19:57, nealpina said:

Just watched the Capri episode in full.

No spoiler alerts but very geeky which I liked, and I didn't know something about that engine which was a very interesting fact. Also Mike was wrong about a fact he made when they did the Capri in series 1.

UK engine had siamese heads as well. He also said the Cologne was the only one with that timing gear setup, it wasn’t, the Essex V6 had the same, with the fibre teeth.

Edited by roofer

1 hour ago, roofer said:

UK engine had siamese heads as well.

Which UK models had the Siamese heads also?

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:57, nealpina said:

I didn't know something about that engine which was a very interesting fact. 

1 hour ago, roofer said:

He also said the Cologne was the only one with that timing gear setup, it wasn’t, the Essex V6 had the same, with the fibre teeth.

It was the timing gear setup fact.  Does anyone know why this didn't catch on?

I like the programme.  Always have.  Some don't, but hey - it's not a life or death situation either way.

It's an interesting watch if you're a bit of a car guy.  I've never met any of the presenters, but I like what I've seen of all of them really.