FS: BMW E34 520i Auto 1994

BMW 520i Auto

E34 1994

Orient Blue, Anthracite Cloth interior

2 Keys ( New BMW ones – one with original torch ) , V5 in my name

MOTd to 6th Sept 2019, 139000 miles

Electric Windows,, Sunroof, Air Con, Central Locking – all working

BBS alloy wheels ( 5 off )

Well known on here I would say , it’s a very clean E34 that Andy Everett (Sir Anthony Regents Park) rescued as part of a BMW Car Magazine feature  and then Mark Lawless ( Calypso E34 ) took to another level.

Recent works includes front shocks, rear anti roll bar links,, pads  , metal fuel pips also replaced recently along with the steel pipe that runs around rear of fuel tank. wiper blades.

good exhaust, no 50 MPH shimmy , no knocks or bags , a supreme drive I have to say . Starts on the button and sounds like an M50 should, 5 speed autobox does its thing.

It really does waft along in sheer serenity J Not the fastest version of an E34 but it’s very nice and does attract attention . There was a time in my life I couldn’t retro fit enough upgrades to any E34 I had , now there is something just nice about this, no frills , analogue clock , cloth seats etc

Interior is grey anthracite cloth, very very clean , no rips or worn patches . Door cards, lower dash and centre console all replaced with facelift versions with walnut inserts

It has a modern Kenwood , AUX , Ipod unit with amber illumination to blend in ( 2 mths or so old ) but original cassette and cd changer are present if needed

BMW mats , sunroof, headlining is grey and in excellent order. Glove box torch as had the LED upgrade done too :) 

Orient blue in color , benefitted from a stage 2 detail recently and it really does look good, Mark had this done and has had it on previous cars telling me it looks good for years with normal car wash care

Wheels are original BBS cross spokes but all 5 have been refurbed and are IMMACULATE , tyres are also excellent too with deep tread

I have put the amber lights back in but it will come with the full set of clear .lights. There is an original BMW number plate infill on the car too .

Previous owner has replaced all the correct dealer window stickers and number plates etc

Boot area is very clean and complete ( cargo straps, sound proof mat , full toolkit )

I haven’t really had much to do to it as a lot was complete when I bought it. All I have achieved is a few missing clips, , replaced some trim, fitted US spec bumper corners and I enjoy driving it at weekends !

It was subject to an insurance claim at some point in its life , Andy Everett rectified this documenting it as a project in BMW Car over 3 or 4 monthly features ( mags included
J ) It wasn’t a lot and only needed two doors and a wing and these have been replaced; a brand new wing and two perfect rust free doors, painted and fitted. No other damage and it's a spot on repair job. Even the rubber seal strips on the base of the doors were new.

What I would say it is its not concours or new pin mint but it is very very clean, I drove up to Inverness to get it and wasn’t disappointed in any way  .. I have owned loads so know them and I  looked at a good few recently ( higher priced than this too ) and some are real rough examples cashing in on the fact it’s an E34 .. if it’s an E34 in fantastic condition you would like  then this would well be worth your time to look at

So to answer the question why am I selling it .. I enjoy all cars , I have had literally dozens of BMWs of this era and I have now ticked the box of owning this one especially now the prices are getting higher so it was a great opportunity to enjoy some retro ownership. I also have a classic Beetle I bought before this that does need work so I want to concentrate on that .. this will provide some funds and space J

Ask any questions you want , feedback welcome, car is about 15 mins north of Edinburgh for viewing. Price is £1850

IMG-0285-1.jpgIMG-0325.jpg

BMW-2.jpg

IMG-0330.jpg

IMG-0368.jpg

Edited by The Flying Banana

Never even realised you got this from Mark! :o very smart e34 though which should sell again. No probs 8)

Had a month maybe , its been put into daily duties by my wife as the 530d is getting some work done .. I am getting some interest on the Beetle which If the right offer came along I would consider selling it instead .. we'll see how things go, its not a heartache to waft about in for while :)

If I knew I could sell my 730D tomorrow, I'd be up there buying this!

That's how much I like it and how much it appeals to me!

Doesn’t look like coil overs etc will happen ....I think my beetle is going..got some interest so this will stay if it does ...wife has it now as she thinks it’s classy and just something different from all the Minis , Fiat 500s it Small Audi’s that run about here and work car park