Sign in to follow this  
Piper

325ti on LPG, top motoring for a grand

Not sure. 

But i remember Andy mentioning how these were a big improvement on the e36 compact, and that m52tu is a brill engine in this lighter car. 

On 10/13/2018 at 10:07 PM, The Flying Banana said:

I have seen an e46 front on one ...much better looking 

You've seen an E46 front on an E46? :blink:

I'm sure you mean a saloon conversion?

Was very close to getting one of those Compacts as my first car back in late late 2010. Was a lovely black 54 plate 318ti M Sport, one at the very end of production. It was a lovely spec, had heated seats, upgrades audio and white leather, sitting on MV2's. It was everything the 18 year old me dreamed of. 

Price was right too, until the dealer said that the car is sitting on "optional" MV2's (which was bullshit) and he wanted another £800 for those with new budget tyres.  Walked away, probably shouldn't have, ended up in an Astra SRi , hat an anti climax that was!

On 10/13/2018 at 9:25 PM, duncan-uk said:

Can you fit saloon or coupe wings etc to these or is it different?

You can but you have to change everything; Wings, bonnet, bumper, lights, slam panel, arch liners and underguards. All bolt on stuff but a lot of it! I quite like the compact though to be honest, my mate had one in hellrot red, it was only a 316 but was a really fun car to chuck down a B road. 

I'll be honest, I couldn't say, the mate mentioned above looked into it when he had his compact and decided that it was more effort than it was worth, even more so when you can buy a coupe for the same sort of money as a compact.