Vee

Cargo cover not closing

My boot cargo cover isn't working properly, I assume it is automatic (motorised). The cover springs back when I open the boot but does not self close when I close the boot. I watched a video and the auto cover should slowly retract and do same upon closing the bootlid. 

I know my tailgate loom needs sorting because radio reception is poor and the tailgate handle is a bit intermittent. Can anybody confirm whether the cargo cover mechanism is affected by the prolific tailgate wiring issue?

If it springs up then it is working, you get the automatic cover with automatic tailgate only otherwise it just pings up and after you pull off and realise the bugger is up you stop, curse and get out to close it.

Thanks GoNz0, having looked into it I don't have the auto cover after all. Will just have to remember to close the cover so I can see out of the rear view mirror, what a pony design :D

1 hour ago, Vee said:

Thanks GoNz0, having looked into it I don't have the auto cover after all. Will just have to remember to close the cover so I can see out of the rear view mirror, what a pony design :D

I know, pisses me off as I often forget when it decides to release. I am planning to retrofit that and the auto boot at some stage.

Sometimes mine has a mind of it's own and decides to pop up when I drive off. I think the mechanism is sticky and can fail to release properly, leaving the catch poised for inappropriate action. :angry:

As I normally open the main tailgate (and rarely open the rear window only), I might just disable power to the motor release mechanism and revert to manual full retraction of the shelf/cover. Grrr!