Loadmaster

Sunrise at Gatwick

51 minutes ago, DennisCooper said:

Gatwick lets you walk your dog practically on the runways?!

Yep, there's a little known route through the sticks from Povey Cross on the north side of the airport that ends up at that spot. There's even a bench there to sit on and enjoy the sun and passing aircraft.

12 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

Yep, there's a little known route through the sticks from Povey Cross on the north side of the airport that ends up at that spot. There's even a bench there to sit on and enjoy the sun and passing aircraft.

Sitting on a bench watching aircraft :huh:

Isn't that glorified train spotting :lol:

11 minutes ago, Blobby said:

Sitting on a bench watching aircraft :huh:

Isn't that glorified train spotting :lol:

Yeah, I do have a few peculiar interests I suppose... :D

Airbus 380? I still think the B747 is a nicer looking aircraft. Seperately, British Airways have one of the best liveries of any worldwide airline.

24 minutes ago, vanhool said:

Airbus 380? I still think the B747 is a nicer looking aircraft. Seperately, British Airways have one of the best liveries of any worldwide airline.

Looks like a 787 to me... 

Edited by Spandex

On 10/8/2018 at 9:26 AM, boiliebasher said:

Plane spotting surely :lol:

Yes it is, now stop calling me Shirley :lol:

On 10/8/2018 at 10:33 AM, Spandex said:

Looks like a 787 to me... 

I'm partial to a Dreamliner having flown a few times on Norwegian airlines from Gatwick to Boston return

On 10/8/2018 at 10:12 AM, vanhool said:

Boeing 777-200...

Agree about the BA livery, timeless and clean. The multicultural 'world' liveries of the 90s and early 00s when I was as BA didn't go down well with a lot of people, but I liked most of the various designs.

Edited by Loadmaster

1 hour ago, Blobby said:

Yes it is, now stop calling me Shirley :lol:

I'm partial to a Dreamliner having flown a few times on Norwegian airlines from Gatwick to Boston return

The 787, being a 'plastic' aircraft, is a bit of an unknown when they become a certain age, say 15/20 years. Plus, the RR engines have had numerous issues.

6 hours ago, Spandex said:

I guess I should have counted the windows.. 

They look completely different ;)

Hi,

I'll never tire of looking and watching airplanes when not actually flying anywhere! I'm very close to Heathrow and always driving very close by so always catching a quick glance. One of the Concorde examples is still 'parked up' as it were and is now a little further in the 'plane park' compared to a few years ago when it was much closer to the fence! I'm going to have to take my good camera one time to get some nice pictures of it before it's hidden away/sold off/dismantled etc.

Cheers, Dennis!

9 hours ago, DennisCooper said:

One of the Concorde examples is still 'parked up' as it were and is now a little further in the 'plane park' compared to a few years ago when it was much closer to the fence! I'm going to have to take my good camera one time to get some nice pictures of it before it's hidden away/sold off/dismantled etc.

Not sure of the future plans for that one. I'll have to ask one of my BA 'moles'...!

The others are, as you probably know, languishing in various museums around the world, including the AF ones.

6 hours ago, Spandex said:

I think you need to put "if you're a plane nerd" on the end of that sentence. :D

Probably right there, that's what 35 years in aviation does to you!