Johnyboy

Missed these discounts

On 10/7/2018 at 12:52 PM, Johnyboy said:

Well, no-one, you just buy the car outright 14 days after you take delivery.

Who drowns all of that cash in a depreciating asset and who wants that asset to have no options selected? (looking at the 7 available at least)

5 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

Who drowns all of that cash in a depreciating asset and who wants that asset to have no options selected? (looking at the 7 available at least)

I think this has been covered on other threads, but lots of people is my guess. Possibly excepting the options issue unless that's actually what you want, the 5 being pretty well specified as standard. I always buy outright, but OTOH I seldom buy split new as I prefer to miss the first year hit and possible infant failures. YMMV. 

1 hour ago, Boba said:

I think this has been covered on other threads, but lots of people is my guess. Possibly excepting the options issue unless that's actually what you want, the 5 being pretty well specified as standard. I always buy outright, but OTOH I seldom buy split new as I prefer to miss the first year hit and possible infant failures. YMMV. 

First year hit is non existent if you know how to negotiate. First year failures I agree with

42 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

First year hit is non existent if you know how to negotiate.

Oh I think I do ;) .

But TBH I traded the opportunity of a great deal for no HUD which I had aimed for. Ah well!

16 hours ago, Johnyboy said:

I got a good discount on mine but will still have lost loads over the first year ownership. But it wasn’t quite a 640d at 29k level of discount.

the discounts for mine are about the same, especially when you add up all the options. The 5 series is a money spinner for BMW .  The other cars are for the halo range. But I'm sure they make money in the end

Maybe the 7 series does well in places like China especially for senior Communist Party members :lol:  

1 hour ago, Carrera77 said:

the discounts for mine are about the same, especially when you add up all the options. The 5 series is a money spinner for BMW .  The other cars are for the halo range. But I'm sure they make money in the end

Maybe the 7 series does well in places like China especially for senior Communist Party members :lol:  

Really? the best discount ive seen on a five series has been around 25%? That 640d must be closer to 50.

Edited by Johnyboy

45 minutes ago, Johnyboy said:

Really? the best discount ive seen on a five series has been around 25%? That 640d must be closer to 50.

I should re-phrase it.  I had also seen big discounts when I was buying a car. There doesnt seem to be a trend of increasing discounts

But those cars with big discounts were never the car I wanted . When I got my config price it added up. Maybe I was too particular and paid the price.

But if you will take  *any* 5 series, there is always good bargains to be had. BMW shifts some stock.  They play high and low, they know the game well.  All retailers do this

Aha, I thought you’d managed to get a cracking deal.

The 6 series has always had some great deals, I remember someone else getting a 640d convertible for £270/month a few years back. I probably should have looked around myself, but I was a bit impetuous.