pauliexjr

Animal lovers, what would you do?

My niece has been living with a guy for the past 3 years, initially on his parents farm in Norfolk, but recently moved back to Southport with him to be near her family. It turns out this guys parents run what is effectively a puppy farm, breeding Bischon Frises and King Charles Spaniels. He has openly admitted to my sister that when the breeding bitches were past their prime he would take them down the field and shoot them, he reckons he's been doing it for years. He recently strangled my niece's pet goose as it had fallen ill and needed to be taken to the vet. He said it wasn't worth spending money on.

Now the dilemma, he and my niece have a female Labrador, she is about 2 years old and has recently given birth to 13 Labradoodle pups having been mated with a male Poodle. Two of the pups have died and she and the remaining pups are now kept confined to a small room in my niece's mobile home as her boyfriend can't stand the 'problems' associated with that number of pups wandering around. He has already arranged with a pal of his dad's to get her mated again as soon as she comes into season in about six months and obviously views this poor dog as a cash machine as the current pups are being sold for £5-600 each. His view is he can has 2 litters of pups off her per year as she only comes into season twice a year and that is fewer than the current legislation which prohibits breeding from the same bitch 3 times per year or more.

Despite being horrified at the boyfriend's attitude and behaviour neither my sister nor any of their friends will say anything as my niece is bi-polar and they don't want to 'upset' her, I unfortunately live 200+ miles away so am not close enough to do anything, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do about this obnoxious specimen?

Report to the RSPCA! 

They WILL take action! 

Also sefton council. 

Is it banks/tarlton way? Their a different breed over there!

Edited by Yokozuna

Not sure where this scumbag is living, I suggested the RSPCA but again, no one wants to upset my niece. So I think my next step has to be get more details i.e. his name and address and make a report myself and to hell with her delicate sensibilities!

As above; they need reporting

Sorry; but they're absolute twats for what they need doing and need taking down the bottom of the garden and shooting themselves! :mad: 

6 minutes ago, pauliexjr said:

Not sure where this scumbag is living, I suggested the RSPCA but again, no one wants to upset my niece. So I think my next step has to be get more details i.e. his name and address and make a report myself and to hell with her delicate sensibilities!

They won’t be hard to find if they have pups for sale, do they have a website? 

You need to attack on both fronts ie, RSPCA and the council as one will need the backing of the other. 

The problem is that if the family is licensed therefore they’ll be known to the council and possibly the RSPCA and they would of been inspected and get random spot checks, so they must be doing/saying/showing that they are doing it correctly to not of been shut down! 

Legislation has just recently changed so probably the council would be the first port of call.

FYI it’s not 3 times a year (I doubt any bitch would survive that!) it’s 3 times in the life of a single bitch that it can be breed from. 

I really don,t want to comment on an open forum the utter contempt i feel for people like this,they disgust me,

Its making my blood boil just reading the opening post,

Southport holds happy memories for me as its where we took our Harty for his last walk on the beach before we lost him to cancer.