535i Andrew

Don't play with your phone while driving, please.

On 10/5/2018 at 3:21 PM, Mr_530i said:

I[...] I was just waiting/imagining for the consultant to swear at another driver or say something like oh Sh*i*.... and then the phone would go dead, because they had come off the road because of the lack of concentration.  

Which is what happened to Cozy Powell.

Came into work on the bus and from my seat I could observe a worrying number of drivers texting while driving and one van driver was even reading the paper when in stop start traffic.

Fit a bus out with camera's looking into cars and you would catch plenty of people driving dangerously. 

2 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Came into work on the bus and from my seat I could observe a worrying number of drivers texting while driving and one van driver was even reading the paper when in stop start traffic.

Fit a bus out with camera's looking into cars and you would catch plenty of people driving dangerously. 

A few forces already have this implemented

On 10/9/2018 at 8:31 PM, 535i Andrew said:

Who was also speeding, drunk, not wearing a seatbelt and driving with a dodgy tyre.

Great combination.

Wow never knew that was the reason for his demise..

20 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

F£@k off. :P 

Car is still in the dealer sorting out my towbar issue so slumming it on the bus!

Ewwww think of all the diseases

A few times I've let drivers out of junctions or had to give way to them as they came towards me and then i see they're on their phone.. I go from mellow to fuming, but driving the company van i have to bite my tongue.

Dear me, the snobbery.

I quite like travelling by bus - round here, it's owned by a family business and once you factor in car parking charges as well as the fuel used, it's cheaper to make that return journey.

Only problem is that being a rural area, they can be few and far between.

Well I'm going to get flamed and I know I'm in the wrong but I use my phone constantly in thd car (handsfree via google recognition) as my satnav, music box (Spotify or YouTube (backgrounded)) and also as a phone (shock!!). 

It's on the dash and I do get it to read texts to me.   Am I distracted, yes but I'm not looking at the screen. When the kids are in the car there will be 4 devices running and Bluetooth heafzets

Are we getting too attached to the tech on the move?  Definitely but my issue is that the cars tech isn't moving fast enough to keep up and keep us safe.   Android auto and car play are junk.....  

I'm a out to order myself a Xmas present, an android replacement screen for my car.  Hopefully that may stop me using my phone totally but will it stop any distractions. 

Screenshot_20181022-193942_AliExpress.jpg

On 10/10/2018 at 8:15 AM, 535i Andrew said:

^^this. I am on the bus on the m8 regularly from Harthill to Edinburgh and the amount of bad driving I see purely because drivers are glued to their phones is scary! :obest example I saw was an hgv driver eating a chocolate bar in one hand, can of juice in the other and typing into his phone on the dash cradle.......

also because the CityLink coaches are the same height as hgvs it’s sometimes very interesting to see how little they and van drivers are actually concentrating on driving. I have reported a few drivers directly to their respective companies ;)