Sign in to follow this  
SuperDave

Parking sensors

Anyone else's make audible warnings when you're reversing off an incline but nowhere near any obstruction? 

Same issue reversing into spaces - end up having to completely ignore the audible warnings and just use the visual display.

Im usually very confident with those types of manoeuvre but this is getting right on my tits! 

Edited by SuperDave

2 hours ago, Johnyboy said:

The parking sensors give loads of false positives on mine, I think they’re just to sensitive to dirt.

+1 to above 

2 hours ago, Johnyboy said:

The parking sensors give loads of false positives on mine, I think they’re just to sensitive to dirt.

Same here. I find it worse when raining for some bizarre reason. Backing into my flat driveway often triggers the auto brakes to apply, even though there's no obstruction. 

Not my experience. The rear ones seem fine except that they’re too sensitive to the sides reversing between cars. The fronts are too insensitive and don’t beep nearly soon enough for me so I have to creep up to (say) a bollard below bonnet height in case I hit it.

each to their own.

Cheers for the replies. It was doing it fresh from its delivery valet so probably not dirt. What a shame. 

Its the only thing thats really bugged me since moving from the f10, the ride on 19inch runflats is better and quieter than 18 goflats, both msport suspension. You can really get the 7-series influence in terms of luxury feel but enjoyed a spirited cross country drive last week and it was peachy and responsive. 

I had trouble with mine.... Reversed straight in to a tow bar. The car wasn't picking up the towbar and couldn't see it on camera the distance indicated I was still only in the 'amber' distance from the van..... Fortunately although a noisy bump its a very small bump and hardly visible forutnate really. Of course was only going 3/4mph I guess. 

@SuperDave No problems with mine as yet, yep they do appear very sensitive to cars left and right when reversing but I'd rather have that than nothing frankly.

@JohnyboyKeeping them clean will help :rolleyes: or won't do any harm lol.

@Dans Great example of why tow bars should be either banned (perhaps slightly extreme) or at least fold away when not being used.

Mine always sound when I reverse off the drive, over the footpath, and down the 'dropped kerb' ramp. Reminds me to double check the mirror in case somebody has parked opposite though!