Modge

Audio keeps cutting out

Another one to add to the plethora of problems that seem to be accumulating on my E60! The audio from the stereo seems to randomly cut out with seemingly no cause, for anywhere from a fraction of a second to 30+ seconds.  It is the same across all sources: radio, aux and CD changer (even the PDC beeps cut out!).  Its getting to the point where it is starting to drive me insane, anybody got any ideas what to check?

It is the standard BMW Business Idrive system with smaller 6" display, single slot DVD for the nav disc, 6 disc changer, aux port in rear console, multiple shortcut button Idrive controler.

Edited by Modge

Sounds like it needs to come out and be repaired.

Mine did this for the previous owner until it stopped working completely.

7 minutes ago, red35 said:

Sounds like it needs to come out and be repaired.

Mine did this for the previous owner until it stopped working completely.

Sigh!  Im wondering how much more money this bloody car is going to cost me before the year is up?!?  

Out of curiosity how much was the repair?

Edited by Modge

Not got the paperwork to hand but it was in the region of £300.

There is a guy on ebay that repairs them for £250 iirc but you will need to post it/drop it off to him.

3 minutes ago, red35 said:

Not got the paperwork to hand but it was in the region of £300.

There is a guy on ebay that repairs them for £250 iirc but you will need to post it/drop it off to him.

F**k that! Think I will live with it!  Will keep an eye on Ebay for a second hand one.

If it's just the sound issue you have then you might get away with replacing just the stereo unit.

Any other problems with the display/satnav etc?

12 minutes ago, red35 said:

If it's just the sound issue you have then you might get away with replacing just the stereo unit.

Any other problems with the display/satnav etc?

Yeah, literally everything else seems fine just the annoying audio cut out.

Well as I got into the car at work to head home the audio was off more than it was on by the time I got out of the work car park. I lost my temper with it and stopped the car did a force reboot on the CCC and it seemed to sort it out! Made it all the way home (hour and a half) without any more cut outs.  Fingers crossed that should do it for a while at least! Im sick of pouring money into this car!

If it comes down to it and its anything more than £100 to fix, im just going to do without until I bin this car!!