Jump to content
Jay Beach

Connected Drive update

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Jay Beach said:

Been on phone to BMW. Remote Services is no longer an available add on to purchase. (Apparently is now standard on all post March 18 cars.) You have to purchase Remote 3D View, even if you don’t have the full functionality available in your car. 

 

Just read the detail on the Remote 3D view, the following worries me:

 

"With Remote 3D View, users are able to examine the surroundings of their parked vehicle from a distance. The function can be called up via the BMW Connected App (for iOS). This enables users to see the surroundings of their vehicle as a 3D display from afar. Prerequisites for this feature are the equipment options Remote Services and Surround View."

 

If this is the only way to get Remote Services working, then they really need to review their own description as I would fail on 3 levels.  I don't have either of the pre-requisites( Remote Services or Surround View) and I don't use iOS :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry but how are you all expecting to get Remote 3D view working if you don’t have the sorround cameras? Commons sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sjak92 said:

I’m sorry but how are you all expecting to get Remote 3D view working if you don’t have the sorround cameras? Commons sense?

It is the option you now have to select to purchase Remote Services. Add on gives you what options your car, no surround cameras then no 3D view but still Remote Services. BMW Genius guy said the description on Connected Drive is poor and will mislead a lot of people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jay Beach said:

It is the option you now have to select to purchase Remote Services. Add on gives you what options your car, no surround cameras then no 3D view but still Remote Services. BMW Genius guy said the description on Connected Drive is poor and will mislead a lot of people. 

How is that the case if we’ve now established that Connected Services are free? Just take your car I. For an update and state the same as long as you have a post March 18 car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

How is that the case if we’ve now established that Connected Services are free? Just take your car I. For an update and state the same as long as you have a post March 18 car. 

I have a June 17 car, purchased last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well by booking 3D view, you won’t get Remote Services. See picture attached below, seems you won’t get anything at all.

 

I would if I was you take your car down to BMW and ask for an update anyway. I can only imagine that if your car is up to the current iLevel you’ll get Remote Services at that point.

94AC1B90-F01B-4A98-A1E8-7B8CFAFA02AD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sjak92 said:

Well by booking 3D view, you won’t get Remote Services. See picture attached below, seems you won’t get anything at all.

 

I would if I was you take your car down to BMW and ask for an update anyway. I can only imagine that if your car is up to the current iLevel you’ll get Remote Services at that point.

94AC1B90-F01B-4A98-A1E8-7B8CFAFA02AD.jpeg

Remote services have been activated by booking the above. Although this may be coincidental! Confused!

 

00728C78-EF98-4B8F-9207-7B24D5214A0B.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×