Lennox

535d ex owner update...... Gone to the dark side

Well the 535d was chopped in for a new XC90 nearly a year ago.. And we are loving it.. No where as fast but overall for our needs the better car.  Vast boot, space, stunning design and loads of kit. But only if it had that 3.0 twin turbo..... 

Anyway my 2014 GTD of 4 years post mapping it to circa 240bhp (crazy fun) had been chopped in for a....... Sorry...... MERCEDES-BENZ. 

A car with the longest name ever... MERCEDES C250D 4Matic Premium Plus AMG line Midnight edition wagon.  18 months old. 

And again, loving it.   Stunning interior and exterior, mapped to 250bhp with 550nm.  It goes very well.   Sub 6 at the lights and a ball hair under 50mpg on the run to work and back. 

The Burmester speaker package (£3k option alone) blows anything I have heard out of the water.  If you get a chance try it. 

I did try to buy a 335d touring but I just couldnget along with the low rent interior and with the new 3 about to launch it felt like the old car it is.  Also trying to bundle up all the option I wanted was impossible.  Merc does make it easier with the Premium plus pack... Pretty much everythings included. 

20180926_061403.jpg

Edited by Lennox

47 minutes ago, Joss said:

I think you need some more lights on your house. :lol:

Lol.  We actually have very few (16 right round) a neighbour has almost a hundred.....  

2 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

IMO Merc make some fantastic looking cars; always loved their estates!

Nice selection you've got there ;) 

Here's the Mercs detailing video by a mate who did the ceramic coating on it. 

That looks great.

When I'm done with E39 V8 motoring and our household has its next 'fleet review', I can see us buying similar, either 5 Series or C/E Class wagons.

4 hours ago, Lennox said:

Lol.  We actually have very few (16 right round) a neighbour has almost a hundred.....  

16! 100?? Jesus must be like Blackpool near you :lol: We currently have 3. Of which 1 works although looking to make that 4....Of which then 2 will work.

Must fix those other 2 :lol:

1 hour ago, Joss said:

16! 100?? Jesus must be like Blackpool near you :lol: We currently have 3. Of which 1 works although looking to make that 4....Of which then 2 will work.

Must fix those other 2 :lol:

A local did say she cannot sleep due to her neighbours house being "brighter than the sun". 

We have them all the way round for security (broken into twice in the old house across the road) and they look nice. 

10 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

IMO Merc make some fantastic looking cars; always loved their estates!

Nice selection you've got there ;) 

Yes, fell in love with Mercs when using them as taxis in Netherlands many moons ago.

Was wondering what had happened to Lennox.  :)

On 9/26/2018 at 6:29 PM, pidgeonpost said:

Yes, fell in love with Mercs when using them as taxis in Netherlands many moons ago.

Was wondering what had happened to Lennox.  :)

I was out in the Nordics for a while there and loads of E classes and volvo.   That actually put me off the new e class, as I now look at them as Taxis....  The c class interior is simply stunning.   Apparently they asked their show cars guys to have a go, resulting in the very futuristic interior.   I'm even starting to link the dash tablet.  Which I'm about to upgrade. 

Do you not think the interior is a bit plasticky?  The loaner I had felt like it was made from a wheelie bin.  But I am used to an aluminum trim in my F10. 

The steering was sublime though, at very slow speeds less than one turn and you had full lock on.  Great for parking.  The reversing camera popped out of the rear boot roundel, very clever.

On 10/3/2018 at 8:03 AM, 535i Andrew said:

Do you not think the interior is a bit plasticky?  The loaner I had felt like it was made from a wheelie bin.  But I am used to an aluminum trim in my F10. 

The steering was sublime though, at very slow speeds less than one turn and you had full lock on.  Great for parking.  The reversing camera popped out of the rear boot roundel, very clever.

No on the contrary its better finished than my last F11.  Granted my C Class has the upgraded black porous wood instead of the easily scratched silver plastic on the BMW.   The Burmester speaker vents are a nice touch as well being beautifully drilled aluminium.  

The seat leather unfortunately is on par with the BMWs though.  Being man made, as least my vegan friends and vegetarian family members cannot pull me up. 

Upgraded the grill and added technically correct side badges.. 

IMG-20181018-WA0016.jpeg