BarryM

32” tv

It's worth pointing out when these sets are described as 'LED' that it refers solely to the backlight, not the actual display technology which remains LCD.

Myself, I'd say something with Panasonic or Sony written on the front; Korean-built TVs seem to produce rather 'odd' pictures to my eyes. What does surprise me is that 1366 x 768 seems a rather common resolution for these sets; I'd expect 1920 x 1080 for that size but as long as the electronics converting the signal format to match the panel resolution are up to the job, it shouldn't be an issue. That's where cheap TVs let you down - by skimping on the electronics to perform the interpolation.

Edited by e60neindanke

We've got three LG TVs in the house. Great pics.

If OLED tech shrunk its way down to 32", go for one that has that. Our 55" has that tech and it's terrific, it comes alive watching 4K and blu Ray stuff.

The 8 year old 42" LG hasn't missed a beat and still has a great picture even compared to the year old 55" with its much newer tech.

12 hours ago, BarryM said:

Any recommendations for a good value 32” tv?

Does it have to be specifically 32"?

Most of the larger screens now fit what the 32" screens used to!

Worth bearing in mind unless space around the TV is the restriction

Any really, as the screen size is small so you will be getting a good enough quality picture now matter what you go for! 

I suppose it depends on budget really? 

We got a 32” tecknica turd thing from tesco to stick in the kitchen that cost £125! It’s ok for the dog to watch but I couldn’t live with it as a main tv. 

Our main TV is a Sony 55” 4K Bravia 3D jobbie and it’s a good-un if I’m honest, had 2 Samsung sets before this one (in 55 and 60 flavor) the 55” lasted about 18 months then the screen failed! The 60” one failed after a week! :angry: 

When sky Q let’s you watch 4K the picture quality is fantastic. 

If you can, leave it for a bit as 8K is on its way! :shock: 

2 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

If OLED tech shrunk its way down to 32", go for one that has that.

You can get HD OLEDs down to 17", UHD/HDR ones at 32".

Trouble is, they're professional picture monitors and come with a matching price tag - up to £30k in some cases. 

I'm sure 32" TVs used to come with so-called "Full HD" panels. I know some people view 32" as something you'd put in the bog but I once worked out that if I had to buy one of these dreadful flat panel TVs that matched the picture height of my current TV, it would be 32". Call me a snob, but I just think huge TVs look a bit.... common

Whatever you choose, buy it from Richer Sounds if you have a branch near you.

Excellent service, prices and their six year warranty to boot on most of their TVs

Beats the Currys PC World experience any day, and you won't have Ali G serving you either!

Thanks for all the replies chaps, maybe I should have qualified why I’m buying a 32” tv.

This is going in our spare bedroom as a backup for when me and the wife can’t agree on Corrie or footie! I figured a 40/42” was overkill so just want something half decent so with no stand out option I’ll do a bit more research.