ExAMG

Joining the G31 Crowd

Hi All, I shall this Thursday PM transfer from F10 520D to a G31 530D.

Almost bought a Golf R but the numbers were much better with the G31. It is a dealer stock new car. I went into the dealer to look at an M2 they had in stock. How fickle am I?

For those interested it is Carbon Black (same as F10), Ivory Interior with Piano Black, Icon, camera, M Sport Plus and a few more bits. I was a firm believer of the dark interior until I saw the Ivory. :)

Now just need to sort some winters!

1 hour ago, ExAMG said:

Hi All, I shall this Thursday PM transfer from F10 520D to a G31 530D.

Almost bought a Golf R but the numbers were much better with the G31. It is a dealer stock new car. I went into the dealer to look at an M2 they had in stock. How fickle am I?

For those interested it is Carbon Black (same as F10), Ivory Interior with Piano Black, Icon, camera, M Sport Plus and a few more bits. I was a firm believer of the dark interior until I saw the Ivory. :)

Now just need to sort some winters!

Enjoy - one of the quickest end 2 end transactions, ivory is a great interior finish really brightens up the cabin. Plenty of advice on here re winter tyres I'm sure, I'm just waiting on the weather forecast before splashing out or not as the case may be.........:rolleyes:

Yeah I really regret not getting Ivory when I see it, but you live and learn. Black is fairly maintenance free on the plus side! 

If the weather is anything like it was last winter I am definitely investing in a set of winters! 

Welcome to the group ExAMG, how are you finding the step up from the F10?

I also moved from the 520d (F11) on Wednesday and so far love the car, my only slight concern being the upcoming winter weather and effect on the wide tyres as I can't afford to buy a set of winter wheels & tyres.

I look forward to motorway sliproads every time now :grin:, and my mpg isn't radically different to the 520 at 48mpg vs 45mpg.  I suspect that might take a further hit though once I start driving it 'normally'

Beast from the East and approx 15” fresh snow a nut in an F 520d came along our street. Failed to get out at the uphill T and reversed into a 3-point and finally ended up across the road with about a foot to spare at each end from the kerb. 2 wheel and summer tyres do have limitations (as do nuts). ;)

All the neighbours out to shift him.

Edited by Boba

15 minutes ago, Boba said:

Beast from the East and approx 15” fresh snow a nut in an F 520d came along our street. Failed to get out at the uphill T and reversed into a 3-point and finally ended up across the road with about a foot to spare at each end from the kerb. 2 wheel and summer tyres do have limitations (as do nuts). ;)

All the neighbours out to shift him.

So snow tyres and or 4 wheel drive mean you never have an accident in snow or ice !!

17 hours ago, The Livster said:

So snow tyres and or 4 wheel drive mean you never have an accident in snow or ice !!

Accident? No - pointing out that while probably 99% of drivers think that summer tyres are just fine especially on generally clear main roads, proper winter tyres are in a completely different category. Once the treads on rock hard cold summer tyres are blocked with frozen snow things change considerably.

But taking a 520 out in 15" of new snow takes a nut!

;)

Edited by Boba

yeh agree.. its all about risk. Travel 100 miles to work, would rather be equiped in winter tyres in terrible weather than not. Misses chuggs around town barely getting above 40 in any weather, so we don't bother with winters in her car.

Well, done a few hundred miles now and love it.

The ride quality on the 20's is way better than the F10 on 19's.

At the moment I am getting 4mpg better fuel consumption for travelling the same journey at the same speeds!!

My only gripe is the window switch position. When getting in/out I seem to want to rest my hand exactly where the switch cluster is. Yup, managed to leave a window open one night. Lesson learnt, global closing every time.

Seems smaller than the F10, I seem to have more space on the drive??