Steveo1

Help needed.

Hi All

looking for help/advice. 

My Auntie has signed and order form for a new car and paid a £200 deposit. Since signing she started being messed about by the dealer, saying cars going to be delayed and my cost her more but can supply another car in a different colour to what she ordered/wants. 

She has had one lost all faith in the dealer and now is feeling pressured by the dealer to buy a different colour car. 

My my question is can she cancel the order she has not signed a finance agreement only an order form. 

Cheers Steven 

Depends on the terms of the agreement. Does the small print say the deposit is non refundable?

Then again, if the dealer now cannot supply what was agreed, maybe she's entitled to it.

Is this a major brand main dealer or independent?

Edited by Loadmaster

As already stated, if it’s breach of contract on the dealers behalf she “should” be able to get her money back in full. 

If she just wants to walk away, she can but she’ll give up her £200! 

If she’s arsed about the £200 then like  mr loadmasters has said check the small print. 

If not just cancel the contract and walk away....

the deposit on that particular car and for that price. If they can't provide that car for that price then they've breached the contract and your aunt is due a full refund in my opinion (and in the absence of reading the contract). If they fail to honour or give a refund then plenty of main stream trash papers like Daily Fail etc...would give her more than £200 for the story and love to run a spread on how the governments latest attack on diesels is leading to dealers not honouring deals or something or another

Thanks for all the replies. 

I went in in with my aunt on Monday as I felt she was being had over by the dealer. All of a sudden the salesman she was due to meet wasn’t there (don’t think he wanted to take to me as I had some questions about the figures he had quoted) so we dealt with his business manager who didn’t know the whole story and said they do not now how long the car will be and if we want cancel we have to put it in writing and they have to put it to the manufactures who make the final desicion. 

Need less to to say I didn’t believe a word he said other than he didn’t know how long the car would be. 

My Auntie has just had enough of the dealer and is prepared to lose the £200 but we will wait and see. 

9 hours ago, Steveo1 said:

Thanks for all the replies. 

I went in in with my aunt on Monday as I felt she was being had over by the dealer. All of a sudden the salesman she was due to meet wasn’t there (don’t think he wanted to take to me as I had some questions about the figures he had quoted) so we dealt with his business manager who didn’t know the whole story and said they do not now how long the car will be and if we want cancel we have to put it in writing and they have to put it to the manufactures who make the final desicion. 

Need less to to say I didn’t believe a word he said other than he didn’t know how long the car would be. 

My Auntie has just had enough of the dealer and is prepared to lose the £200 but we will wait and see. 

Name and shame please.....

Methinks a small shaking of salesman by the adams apple may be more effective.

sounds like his mugged her, and now trying to unload a stock car.

Edited by roofer

14 hours ago, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

A solicitors letter (about £50) is your first port of call. At the end of the day, they cannot supply the goods ordered. 

I would contact the manufacturer direct as well as an alternative dealership - what make car?

Hmmm nope! 

What do you want to pay a solicitor £50 for? If their T’s and C’s states something in the region of “If said car can’t be supplied due to (xyz) and an alternative can be arranged but in a different colour/spec” then she’s not only £200 down she’s now an extra £50 down! 

So like was already said, read the small print and go from there! Most contracts are water tight......

lots of If love the forum clown....

On 28 September 2018 at 11:29 PM, Yokozuna said:

lots of If love the forum clown....

1 hour ago, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

May I have that in legible English please?  

Yeah saw that one and seeing as it was posted 11:29pm Friday evening, I figured he'd probably had a drink or three when he sent it lol :lol: