The Flying Banana

BMW 635csi Auto .. scheduled for destruction!!

Its an abandoned  BMW 635i – currently scheduled for destruction L

I am putting it here incase anyone is looking for one as it will now go to auction

I have watched this car for a nearly a year sitting in a local multi story car park, and as time went by it became clear no one was coming back for it and it wasn’t a commuter parking in the same spot every day.

It’s a B plate 635 in white with blue leather sports interior , auto, 16” crossspokes and in generally very good condition. There is a line of feint rust bubbles around the sunroof and some here and there but it’s by no means a shed. Infact if you didn't know it looks like it could be jumped in and driven away . Sadly the story goes the owner is not of this world anymore and never returned to get his car and despite numerous efforts from others and councils to find out if there are any family etc there is no one coming forward to claim it so it now has a ‘ Scheduled for Destruction’ notice on it.

To try and avoid this happening I have tried to see if it can be saved and although the local council only authorise its removal . The contractor who lifts it will sell it online as it has a decent value …. the company is called Raw2K and this car could be on their website in the next couple of weeks

Could be a cheap sharknose 6'er for someone ! I will get pics over weekend of it .

Any news on this? is it still there?

Would you like me to copy any information to the bigcoupe forum?

Its not listed on Raw2k yet. 

Edited by hippie dave

In my old workplace there were a few BMWs and even a Porsche abandoned in its multi-storey car park: no idea how they got rid of them when the place was sold but in the dirt on the screen of the E34 525i that was there, someone wrote "could be terrorists".

I nearly wrote

Baader

Meinhof

Wagen

in response on the glass - except the age profile of the place meant that nobody would have known who Baader and Meinhof were...

22 hours ago, The Flying Banana said:

Its still there .. I think the recovery company are having issues getting to it .. its a multi story so the truck cant get in and they cant drag it down each level ..

Copy it to everywhere, I would like to see it saved .. its a really nice car !

Flying banana, please can you provide any more details- namely location and possibly some pictures? And I will post across to bigcoupe.

Must be some way to move it. I've got a vision of 4x4 with a winch, a few beefy blokes, and one or two of those skates they use to move cars around in confined spaces in showrooms. Not that I'd like to try it myself you understand!  :D

Its still not on Raw2k's website. If its as good as you've described it, it'd be borderline criminal for it to be turned into frying pans!!

Don't let it go the way of this one. I'm sorry to report that some people really are this stupid. 

42586410_10156650248949798_2050746987195

On 10/1/2018 at 4:17 PM, The Flying Banana said:

I asked a mate to check and he thinks its gone .. destroyed gone .. apparently issues getting it out so it was dragged by chains then lifted thru the roof :(

What absolute F*ing Animals. Everything else aside- they could've made some good money there if they had half a brain.

A sticky end to a decent car by the sounds of it.

I get that there may be difficulties removing it from a multi-storey, but how lifting it through the roof and destroying it would make it any easier I do not know. 

Thank you for your efforts though FB. 

A fair few years ago I had cause to go to a customs warehouse in East London to arrange clearance of a freight lorry from Turkey. Sitting in the corner, covered in dust was a dark blue Lamborghini Miura circa late 60's. I asked one of the customs guys and apparently it had been sitting there for 6 months waiting for the importer to claim it. They had written to the owner when it first arrived but had heard nothing and it was now sitting accruing storage charges. They apparently auction unclaimed items, but for the life of me I couldn't find out where or when.

On 10/1/2018 at 4:17 PM, The Flying Banana said:

I asked a mate to check and he thinks its gone .. destroyed gone .. apparently issues getting it out so it was dragged by chains then lifted thru the roof :(

There was a few cars lifted so hopefully that was another .. I am going to check tonight

seen it so many times