MadeinWigan

2004 E61 545i 6 speed £2,500

1 hour ago, boiliebasher said:

To be honest im only really interested in the 6 speed box for my E34 540i V8 but after a bit of research I'm not so sure it's doable....

Don't be silly 

These N series V8s are a different series of engine. Chances are the bell housings are different 

31 minutes ago, Bumbaclut said:

Don't be silly 

These N series V8s are a different series of engine. Chances are the bell housings are different 

Bollox :(

I really don't know if I would get on with a modern car like like e60/61. No offence intended to e60/61 owners I just prefer the relatively simplistic mechanics of older vehicles.

Hence why I thought I I'd have a punt at for that money as it's ridiculously cheap and if I didn't get on with the car I could always convert my 540i into a 6 speed.....

Someone buy this I'd say it's a billy bargain. If I didn't have my manual e39 530d touring I think I'd be all over this. Ok I'd want a sport facelift in dream world but it's manual v8 touring. What's not to love?

Dunc, when you’re right you’re right! 

I’m soooooooooo tempted but I can’t live with The E61nes in SE guise! 

Well if truth be told I just don’t like E60/61! 

I wish I could put to one side as it’s a fantastic bu, but I can’t :( 

Find another I say. Sports bumpers can be fitted and wheels/ springs swapped if you want. Yes e60/1 are marmite looks wise but I like them. Saw one in France circa 2005 on bbs rims in gold se spec and thought yes I like that. Bad time for my piggybank as builders ripping hell out my house...

6 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

but it's manual v8 touring. What's not to love?

It's a manual, it's a touring, it's an SE and worst of all,  it's an E60, that's what not to love.  :lol: