pauliexjr

Bloody women drivers!

My A4 was already booked in for repairs to the rear quarter and bumper following some asswipe hitting and running in a car park (no, no CCTV or witnesses) So I'm sitting in the house last night and there is a knock at the door, my neighbour looking very sheepish, "Er, I've hit your car when reversing out of the drive"

I go out and find the front passenger door stove in so badly the window frame is sticking 3 inches away from the body and the door is wedged shut, whilst her Discovery has a three inch scratch on the rear bumper. Turns out she has reversed off her drive without checking behind and hit my car so gently she hasn't realised she is in contact and continued pushing the accelerator down whilst wondering why she's not moving!

I suppose the only good news is she did finally notice something was wrong and 'fessed up, unlike the aforementioned car park tosser :evil:

3 hours ago, TheDarkLord said:

Really?  Last time I checked it was 2018.

Says the bloke with a womans arse as his avatar ? 

It was a woman that did it, in a Disco....does it get any worse ? Or has pc bollox infested the forum ?

3 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Yeah... Not the best post @pauliexjr :roll: ... Could have been anyone to do this; not just a women driver!

So if he said bloody men drivers with same detail would it be oK .. its a fanny state we live in .. cant say boo to a goose now and someone somewhere is offended :(

It could be anyone but it wasn't .. it was a woman hence the post

And anyone on here who hasn't said , I bet its a woman driver or similar can chuck the first stone ( in your case Dan a huge  boulder :) )

Edited by The Flying Banana

3 minutes ago, The Flying Banana said:

So if he said bloody men drivers with same detail would it be oK .. ...... It could be anyone but it wasn't .. it was a woman hence the post

In which case he should have said "bloody woman driver" singular.

2 hours ago, roofer said:

Says the bloke with a womans arse as his avatar ? 

Actually, no it isn't. It is a cropped pic from a Mr Olympia contest.  

Edited by TheDarkLord

48 minutes ago, The Flying Banana said:

So if he said bloody men drivers with same detail would it be oK .. its a fanny state we live in .. cant say boo to a goose now and someone somewhere is offended :(

And anyone on here who hasn't said , I bet its a woman driver or similar can chuck the first stone ( in your case Dan a huge  boulder :) )

Hell no; I'm always whinging about wimmin drivers; but there are enough cock-end blokes out there too (3/1 in my case I'd say) that annoy the fuck out of me with stupid driving antics

But I'd never go online and state it unless really provoked etc ;) That's all I'm saying

And believe me, I've done similar (reversed into a neighbours car opposite my folks house as I wasn't looking properly; fortunately all I did was bend their wing mirror back the wrong way)! It's easy done when you're not paying attention

Ooops, sorry pc brigade, didn't mean to give offence with my sexually categorising rant, believe it or not I actually like and respect women and merely put the outdated, outmoded and politically incorrect title up to possibly engender some camaraderie and draw attention to my post. Well it obviously worked, that will teach me won't it?

Either way, female, male, gender neutral, hermaphrodite, the person in question has caused £3,275 of damage to my car due to their inattention, that comprises the door, locks, labour, paint, the need to straighten the 'B' post and then re-code the car's ECU. Oh, and I was actually repeating her husband's comment when he came round with the insurance details, but as he is over the age of 12 as well we are obviously both misogynistic gits!

3 hours ago, The Flying Banana said:

My daughter just got home work fuming.. Some wanker of a car driver pulled out in front of her while she was going round a roundabout..

He pulled out, stopped because he saw her then decided to carry on so she had to do an emergency stop..

They're out there in all disguises.. men, women, transgenders, old farts the lot, stay alert out there people

10 hours ago, Mr_530i said:

Why does the cars ECU need recoding?

Something to do with the new door lock apparently, it's a key-less entry system.

20 hours ago, TheDarkLord said:

Really?  Last time I checked it was 2018.

Oh come on - please tell me that the PC brigade haven't infiltrated this place as well??

FFS you can't say anything now.......

3 hours ago, Calypso-E34 said:

Oh come on - please tell me that the PC brigade haven't infiltrated this place as well??

FFS you can't say anything now.......

I'm don't consider myself PC in the slightest.  You can't say "bloody women drivers".  It's just not fair.   There are lots of great women drivers. I do about 35K miles per year - and most of the poor driving I see is not from women.  The "women drivers" thing is from the days when we were dinosaurs.  Not PC at all.  Just time to move on.

25 minutes ago, TheDarkLord said:

I'm don't consider myself PC in the slightest.  You can't say "bloody women drivers".  It's just not fair.   There are lots of great women drivers. I do about 35K miles per year - and most of the poor driving I see is not from women.  The "women drivers" thing is from the days when we were dinosaurs.  Not PC at all.  Just time to move on.

I can see where you're coming from there and yes, most of the bad or deliberately aggressive driving that I see involves blokes. Very rarely have I seen aggression from a woman in her car.  

But like it or not, outdated or not, those sort of 'good old days' comments or jokes will always be with us. There are far more offensive remarks and jibes to be concerned about these days instead of this one.

Christ, I hope TheDarkLord never watches a Carry On Film... the poor soul would would be most offended at the non PC conduct... :D

The title was obviously tongue in cheek.

In my experience women are generally a little more cautious and considerate on the open road, however I have had many a laugh when it comes to watching them in a car park and the odd wince particularly with parallel parking or tight spaces.

C.

Oh dear, I must admit to having used that term myself. As others have said, there are pillocks of every complexion out there and you need eyes everywhere. I was sitting in the car last week while my wife went off to pay for parking. There was a space 2 ranks over, and the driver came in at totally the wrong angle and stopped half in half out at 45° to the slot. They sat there contemplating, and another driver returning to their car had to walk past this vehicle to get to their own. This second driver hopped in, started the engine, and (despite my Mrs gesticulating frantically) reversed straight into the other car. A right old slanging match ensued.

Yesterday was the 34th anniversary of my 36th birthday so you can look out for another old fart on the road. I have my flat cap handy, my pipe, and am off to get some rough black shag if that's not considered too non-PC.  :D

Edited: One driver was male, the other female BTW.

Edited by pidgeonpost

5 hours ago, TheDarkLord said:

Mumsnet.... it’s >>>>> 

19 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

I can see where you're coming from there and yes, most of the bad or deliberately aggressive driving that I see involves blokes. Very rarely have I seen aggression from a woman in her car.  

But like it or not, outdated or not, those sort of 'good old days' comments or jokes will always be with us. There are far more offensive remarks and jibes to be concerned about these days instead of this one.

Yes, I guess you're right.  I should know better than to get involved with forum trolls.  To be fair, the OP put his hand up - but I see neanderthals creeping out of the woodwork.

I'm not in the first flush of youth and, way back in the day, I would have been just as guilty.  However, I have decided to change. I have a daughter in her twenties making her way in The World very successfully.  I don't want to put barriers in her way or in the way many others like her by considering them to be better or worse just because they are female or male.

I will ignore the eejits from here on and talk about cars.