Loadmaster

WANTED - Style 37 18" Paras

Looking for a set of 18" Style 37 staggered paras for my E39 540. In an ideal world I'm looking to swap my 17" staggered Style 66s which are on my car now with someone who really doesn't care what style wheel they have. Obviously a generous cash amount will also be accompanying my 66s should anyone fancy doing this.

Alternatively, a loose set, with or without tyres, will of course be welcome.

Both asks are a long shot I know, but if you don't ask etc etc......

Thanks 

Hi 

@d_a_n1979I don’t think Kermit or miss piggy can drive but if they did then I doubt they would choose the quality of a BMW? Maybe Burt or Ernie, at a push? 

Its like when I was in the states and I called into a corner shop (they have them over there) and I asked if the owner knew if any lifers? I got a strange look and was the shown a revolver with 3 empty chambers...

the funny thing was (know you will laugh at this!) I was 7 at the time an was pretending to be gangster....

so off we went into the sun to fight another battle! 

So basically if you want wheels you can find nd them! 

Cheers bigjay A.K.A Yokozuna ;) 

Hi

Sorry, forgot to mention about tyres! If you want the tyres that are on the rims at said purchase time then ask if they want to sell as a package deal? (It’s normally cheaper and better for you!) if not then you can choose your own tyres to stick on the wheels...

if the wheels you buy are 18” then you are restricted to only 18” diameter tyres! Don’t be fooled by 17 or 19’s! Even though they’re almost the same size they’re not! 

So maybe a word of caution on that front....

Again it takes me back to the time I met leepu! He was working out of a bin in the back streets of Calcutta! And he made some god awful cars! Then I met his wife and, well that’s all I can say on that matter as I can’t think of a feasible lie to continue with the rambling, anyway I hired a mustang V8 and drove down Route 66 for a considerable amount of time, went to Semma and looked at the picture’s on google then posted them up on here! (Coz I’m a bad ass mutha fooker!) 

and now I m just waiting for someone to call me out on my sad life....

Cheers Bigjay A.K.A Yokozuna ;) 

8 hours ago, The Flying Banana said:

Jesus what a price !!!

what are tyres like on your 66s

Loads of tread but being quite old there is cracking around the sholuders of them. Passed MOT like that but really and truly should be replaced.  Perfectly fine for local stuff but if I were going on a Euro trip I'd get them changed. 

The 66s themselves are virtually perfect, aside from a small 2cm scuff on one of them.

8 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Don’t be a sheep @Loadmaster and go for some 18” Style 32s instead ;) 

Yes! 32s would run a very close second but until now I had always thought that they only came in 17". Do they come as 8 and 9 inch staggered as per 66s and 37s?

5 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

Yes! 32s would run a very close second but until now I had always thought that they only came in 17". Do they come as 8 and 9 inch staggered as per 66s and 37s?

There are the rare E39 Style 32s out there in 18” flavour; but I’d personally go for the E38 ones and get them re-bored and refurbished etc...

I just think Style 37s are done to death; but everyone seems to follow suit with them. You rarely see Style 32s on E39s in 18s and I think they’d suit your silver 540i so well; maybe in a sparkle silver finish or even darker, gunmetal with a sparkle flake lacquer etc

I love the 66s though; such a good luck. Shame they never did them in 18s!

Edited by d_a_n1979

I’ve got a spare set of style 37’s, but will need refurbishment. 

I had a set of 18” style 32’s on my E39 for a bit and I don’t think they quite work on a sport, but perfect for an SE however. 

2 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

Supercharger, you fool! ;) :P 

Aaahhhhh...

Ermmmm...

Nope... :lol:

6 hours ago, LukeH said:

I’ve got a spare set of style 37’s, but will need refurbishment. 

I had a set of 18” style 32’s on my E39 for a bit and I don’t think they quite work on a sport, but perfect for an SE however. 

PM on its way...