sjak92

Speed Limit Info Group Buy

9 hours ago, BacktoBeemer said:

@taz101

Totally unhelpful and inappropriate - if I was organising and you posted that you be respectfully ask to leave the group. 

Looks like a pretty un-confrontational way to say he didn't get a response.  If I were making a suggestion to ease the burden on the OP, I'd be hoping for a reply.  I think the lack of response could also be construed as dis-respectful, though I'm sure it wasn't/isn't. 

Edited by BRB

On 10/5/2018 at 8:47 AM, BRB said:

Looks like a pretty un-confrontational way to say he didn't get a response.  If I were making a suggestion to ease the burden on the OP, I'd be hoping for a reply.  I think the lack of response could also be construed as dis-respectful, though I'm sure it wasn't/isn't. 

Let me get that right then, I do all the leg work, spend hours replying to you lot, doing research on other forums, writing to the coder, going back on forth to only get people get cold feet or show that they were not really interested in the first place. 

I set out the requirements others didint follow through. 

Yes im the disrespectful one - cheers mate. Can’t be fucked to set this up if that’s the approach tbh. Do it yourselves.

Here are are his details:

Simon

https://www.facebook.com/Bavarian-Coding-1404502282915941/

schodorowski@yahoo.co.uk

not sure what price he will offer to locals or if he has to travel to you, at least have the decency to say that Sebastian sent you to him if you do go for it.

Edited by sjak92

This wasn't a dig at you @sjak92  I was careful to say that I'm sure that your lack of response wasn't disrespectful.

However, two people have suggested that @taz101 should leave the group because he posted a picture of some tumbleweed in response to a lack of reply.  I'm just redressing the balance.

4 hours ago, sjak92 said:

Let me get that right then, I do all the leg work, spend hours replying to you lot, doing research on other forums, writing to the coder, going back on forth to only get people get cold feet or show that they were not really interested in the first place. 

I set out the requirements others didint follow through. 

Yes im the disrespectful one - cheers mate. Can’t be fucked to set this up if that’s the approach tbh. Do it yourselves.

Here are are his details:

Simon

not sure what price he will offer to locals or if he has to travel to you, at least have the decency to say that Sebastian sent you to him if you do go for it.

Thanks mate no hard feelings just want to get on with it and its not your fault as you say its peoples time wasting not commiting when it comes to the Nestle Crunch

9 hours ago, BRB said:

@taz101 If hidden behind the tumbleweed (or even in your prior post) was an offer of help or support then I missed that completely, but lets be honest there wasn't. Unless your offer of help was cuningly disguised and a recommendation that Seb signs up for a Prince 2 Project Mgt Coure.

@BRB Balance is always good in life when appropriate.

@sjak92 Apologies mate it may be that my comment resulted in you attracting totally unnecessary critism --  frankly if I'd be in your shoes I have bailed out weeks ago.

What I could suggest is that you guys can group pay for the fsc code (would knock £50.00) out and each individual can arrange to get the coding done as convenient. 

Yes well for some of us, faced with an uneconomically lengthy drive (instead of only a lengthy one), that's not a practical option. The group scheme as set up by @sjak92  was fine but as always there is the odd individual who spoils it for everyone else instead of going off quietly to do their own thing. Just people I guess, but a pity.

Edited by Boba

1 hour ago, Boba said:

Yes well for some of us, faced with an uneconomically lengthy drive (instead of only a lengthy one), that's not a practical option. The group scheme as set up by @sjak92  was fine but as always there is the odd individual who spoils it for everyone else instead of going off quietly to do their own thing. Just people I guess, but a pity.

Have you actually read Taz's post?  He's offered a helpful suggestion and been positive about it.  He's certainly not spoiled it...

23 minutes ago, BRB said:

Have you actually read Taz's post?  He's offered a helpful suggestion and been positive about it.  He's certainly not spoiled it...

Rather to the contrary in my opinion. Pushing and pushing so that we can “Get on with it” means a big loss for those that can’t travel to Southampton from the north just for some coding.

For me travel to to travel to Birmingham is further than Southampton and there is no saving for me in comparison to going to see Simon direct like someone on this thread already has.

But, I wanted to set this up so other can have the benefit and if you are closer to him rather than Birmingham you could go see him direct. 

I also said that I will experiment on my own car with an alternative coder if people want but that would mean a few weeks waiting. 

So do tell, how is pushing by posting tumbleweed and saying that I’m not being responsive in this any help at all?

4 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

So do tell, how is pushing by posting tumbleweed and saying that I’m not being responsive in this any help at all?

He waited five days for a response before posting that.  
@sjak92 I've said before, I have no issue with you.  My gripe is with the two who are calling for Taz to be banned.  It's farcical... 

44 minutes ago, BRB said:

He waited five days for a response before posting that.  
@sjak92 I've said before, I have no issue with you.  My gripe is with the two who are calling for Taz to be banned.  It's farcical... 

As I'm the first one of the two who you suggest was calling for Taz to be banned I'll respond......

1). My comment was.... Totally unhelpful and inappropriate - if I was organising and you posted that you be respectfully ask to leave the group, that is leave the group not be banned.

2). To post a picture of tumbleweed preceded by comments about the way the 'project' was being organised cannot in my mind be construed as helpful in any way shape of form.

3) Seb originally set up this thread at the end of August (prior to this he'd solicited views) so has committed his time and effort to this, and frankly to get this type of response isn't helpful.

4) The only farcical aspect of this is suggesting that tumbleweed and project management comments are defensible versus a bit of common decency and appreciation.

5) Oh and as for the 5 day wait, so what it still does not justify that type of response.

All that said, it will be interesting to hear of the success and otherwise of each individual 'going it alone'.

1 minute ago, BacktoBeemer said:

1). My comment was.... Totally unhelpful and inappropriate - if I was organising and you posted that you be respectfully ask to leave the group, that is leave the group not be banned.

You'd make a great people manager.  He wasn't sacked, we forced him to leave.

2 minutes ago, BacktoBeemer said:

2). To post a picture of tumbleweed preceded by comments about the way the 'project' was being organised cannot in my mind be construed as helpful in any way shape of form.

There were no comments as far as I can see.  Just a suggestion that this should be looked at like a project and that a different approach may be necessary.

4 minutes ago, BacktoBeemer said:

3) Seb originally set up this thread at the end of August (prior to this he'd solicited views) so has committed his time and effort to this, and frankly to get this type of response isn't helpful.

Seb has tried to get this moving and should be thanked.  However, the 'leader' is asked a question and fails to respond.  I've said before, but a picture of tumbleweed seems like a pretty un-confrontational way to deal with this.

6 minutes ago, BacktoBeemer said:

4) The only farcical aspect of this is suggesting that tumbleweed and project management comments are defensible versus a bit of common decency and appreciation.

See point three, above.  Also, see earlier comments.  Decency is not a one way thing.

7 minutes ago, BacktoBeemer said:

5) Oh and as for the 5 day wait, so what it still does not justify that type of response.

I think you need to be more pragmatic.  The response was not to start hurling abuse for the lack of reply.  Neither was the lack of reply greeted by Taz with calls for Seb to leave the group.   To be clear, this isn't about Seb.  It's about an over-reaction to a picture of some tumbleweed.  It's about two members of the group bullying by suggesting Taz leaves.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a sensitive flower who believes that someone has been wounded.  But I do think that there are two sides to this.

Think this is silly now, everyone has expressed their views, move on.

go do your coding if you actuyplan in getting it done. 

I will update here if i get mine done

2 hours ago, BRB said:

I don't think Taz's posts were helpful in the least. Constantly chivvying the guy who's doing the work isn't helpful, and assuming that everyone else is somehow holding things up (without knowing who has or hasn't responded) is plain rude.

Looking back it seems to have been your own post trying to defend the indefensible which was actually the last straw for @sjak92 . It likely would have been for me. But hey, I'm not going to break my heart that the pair of you have screwed it up for me, there's more to life ;) .

Edited by Boba

I have gone to do it alone. I was able to do it for £250.00. £20.00 more than the group buy. I live in the North but usually travel to London every six week. I wasn’t planning to go to London in October which seemed the month  implied for installation for the group buy. Since I was traveling to London in September, I  decided to   combine it with SLI coding. It was cheaper and more convenient than would’ve been traveling to Birmingham specifically for it.

I got to know about Bavarian coding independent of the forum but later found out it was the same guy.

The SLI is working well and makes HUD worth it. It definitely works using cameras as shown when on variable speed limit on m62 and road works. 

The only functionalities it is missing compared to factory fitted (as I have read so far) are 1. it does not  show the preview of the next speed limit.  2. It shows on the cockpit if you are over the speed limit but your current speed does not turn red on HUD 

I have just had mine done by Simon too. He had the FSC code within 24 hours and is local to me, so came to me. It works flawlessly. My HUD speed turns red if over the limit, plus I get the red line in the cockpit display. 

Here is a video of the cockpit (apologies for the poor quality) I could not get a video of the HUD worth uploading. 

The cameras are picking up the signs, as my limit turns to 10mph as I drive past a school entrance with a 10mph limit sign.

Edited by Hurly_Dog

@BRB Thanks for the feedback glad to know you think I'd make a great people manager, even if there is a element of sarcasm and a clear lack of understanding of leadership. The suggestion of bullying is not only totally inaccurate but also removes any credibility whatsoever to any of your other comments. As @sjak92 suggests I'm now moving on and would assume you will wish to do likewise.

Great to see one or two have managed to get their coding completed - it's a great feature.

4 hours ago, BacktoBeemer said:

@BRB Thanks for the feedback glad to know you think I'd make a great people manager, even if there is a element of sarcasm and a clear lack of understanding of leadership. The suggestion of bullying is not only totally inaccurate but also removes any credibility whatsoever to any of your other comments. As @sjak92 suggests I'm now moving on and would assume you will wish to do likewise.

Great to see one or two have managed to get their coding completed - it's a great feature.

I'm doing it too. Three completed since details posted. Nuff said. 

Image result for tumbleweed burning

Edited by taz101

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:46 PM, sjak92 said:

thanks @Sjak92 

does he have an email - I dont have a facebook account

7 hours ago, Carrera77 said:

thanks @Sjak92 

does he have an email - I dont have a facebook account

Jusy amended the above post see there

On 10/6/2018 at 5:46 PM, Hurly_Dog said:

I have just had mine done by Simon too. He had the FSC code within 24 hours and is local to me, so came to me. It works flawlessly. My HUD speed turns red if over the limit, plus I get the red line in the cockpit display. 

Here is a video of the cockpit (apologies for the poor quality) I could not get a video of the HUD worth uploading. 

The cameras are picking up the signs, as my limit turns to 10mph as I drive past a school entrance with a 10mph limit sign.

Mine SLI is now turning red on HUD when above speed limits. I reset HUD to be standard rather than individual 

Has anyone had their first or second service since having it coded? Did it all stay ok?

The installer said if BMW force update the coding it will 100% wipe the SPD he is retrofitting but i'm not sure how likely it is they will update? He said he can reinstall it free if that happens however. 

Just as a heads-up for those further North, I've been in touch with the installer regarding remote coding. There are some costs involved, and he charges a bit more for the extra time and hassle, but he has already done this for someone else. I've not decided yet whether to go to the trouble myself as my wireless signal doesn't reach to my drive or anywhere I can get my car to so a bit more work needed, but it's an option for anyone like me (and likely a bit cheaper overall) who would otherwise face a 1000 mile drive just for the half hour coding job.

Edited by Boba

2 hours ago, Boba said:

Just as a heads-up for those further North, I've been in touch with the installer regarding remote coding. There are some costs involved, and he charges a bit more for the extra time and hassle, but he has already done this for someone else. I've not decided yet whether to go to the trouble myself as my wireless signal doesn't reach to my drive or anywhere I can get my car to so a bit more work needed, but it's an option for anyone like me (and likely a bit cheaper overall) who would otherwise face a 1000 mile drive just for the half hour coding job.

This is interesting what’s the cost as I can get my car close enough to get a wireless signal on my drive and it will save me a few quid in diesel 

2 hours ago, Boba said:

20 minutes ago, Hudds.taz said:

This is interesting what’s the cost as I can get my car close enough to get a wireless signal on my drive and it will save me a few quid in diesel 

Don't mess around with wireless. If your connection drops that's too risk. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Data-BLACK-Network-Cable/dp/B00KEAA042/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1539700425&sr=8-8&keywords=ethernet+cable+50m

Its cheap as chips to get a long enough cable. 

Also, BMW will never force update a car unless they need to, i.e something is glitching out. A software update is an "overnight" process from BMW and costs around £200 so I doubt they would ever do it just like that. Best thing to do is to take your car to them to get the latest software and then do the coding